fowlerp40 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

fowlerp40

Options
fowlerp40
fowlerp40 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I have issues with DWP won't pay me the money is was awarded at a Tribunal hearing i had due to being intitied to DLA for years but they hadn't been paying it to me I've endlessly tried and tried but the problem is that a few individuals who work at the DWP don't like the idea of me getting all the monies I'm owed have took it upon thierselves to basically screw me out of it! There is so much more to it,but if someone can help me please you'll see that over time the evidence is there to speak for itself to Back my side up.The conciquences of their behaviour and Discrimination towards me has had a knock on affect on my children as without still not paying me I can't get about properly for myself it's driving me insane going around and around in my head in can't think straight focus properly on my recovery in feel totally abused and powerless!I need help i just want what is mine given to me by the law it's caused me so much stress in hope someone can do whatever possible for me it would mean the world!yours Pfowler. 

Comments

• dogfather
    dogfather Community member Posts: 61 Connected
    Options
    Fowlerp40 Sorry you are having these problems with DWP. What was your award for PIP, ESA  or both? 
    If you received a letter from the tribunal saying your entitled to these benefits from date X & the DWP has not paid it, I suggested you contact your local MP & ask them for help. You could also try the CAB to see if they can offer any advice.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome
    You may be best advised to phone the Helpline as this sounds complicated.
    If you can share some more details we may be able to help a little

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello Fowlerp40

When did you have your tribunal? and what award was made from when? Have you ever received any letters from the Upper Tribunal about your case as the DWP have challenged the tribunal decision?

If the DWP have not challenged the tribunal decision.  As stated above sometimes the best option is to see your MP and explain what has happened.  At the same time it is also worth requesting a formal compliant.  This can be done in writing heading the letter complaint.  Please put your national insurance number as the reference and use the contact address on any recent DLA correspondence.   Then detail the tribunals decision and the date the decision was made and that you have not been paid any arrears and have waited ?  amount of time which is unacceptable.  You should receive a response within 3 weeks.  Please post again if you do not receive  a response or are not happy with the response.

I have a link below to the complaints procedure:
    https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-work-pensions/about/complaints-procedure

Good luck

Maria

The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.