Drop kerbs — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Drop kerbs

Options
May07
May07 Community member Posts: 8 Connected
How many others in or wheel chair scooter users have to go completely out of their way to find a drop kerb to cross a road or to get from one path to another I frequently end up having to go all the way back again to find another route... So frustrating 

Comments

• NicolaH
    NicolaH Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    May07 yes i have this problem, not so much in my home town as i know the routes i can take but when i travel it can be a nightmare.

Last year in Ireland  had a woman and man bodybuilder lift my chair and carry me over the road and up the other side hahaha.... i think that town was the worst for having no drop kerbs.  :|

☆♡☆♡ Nicola ☆♡☆♡
    ☆♡☆ Smile and life Smiles with you ☆♡☆
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Options
    My town centre is quite good for them but the further out I go the worse it gets. However, some years ago, the council decided to make some of the pavements using supposedly non-slip slabs. These are rough for a wheelchair or scooter plus a lot of them now move and tilt. Bit of a nightmare.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • May07
    May07 Community member Posts: 8 Connected
    Options
    It's awful where I live it's OK once I get to town but it's getting there in the first place that's the issue. Thank you for commenting x

Brightness