Advice to people — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice to people

positivitygoing1
positivitygoing1 Community member Posts: 42 Courageous
edited September 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I thought it might help people , I don't know if anybody is like me , I would forget what was told to me on the phone , I was so thankful that my brother put "Call Recorder" app (Free) on my mobile phone , as the 30 minute phone conversation with a MR CM explaining why I failed my assessment was a God send when I needed to remember what he had said ,
You can put in the settings to not record any contacts you have on your phone save your phone getting full of conversations .

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Do you have to tell the person you are recording them?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    You do not have to tell them you are recording, however, if found out the assessment/call will be stopped.

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Barrylad1957
    Barrylad1957 Community member Posts: 99 Courageous
    I always considered it a bit 'loaded' in their favour, that the DWP, JC, and all agencies involved in/related to a person's benefit claim can stipulate what can and cannot be recorded, which particular type of equipment the recording can be made on, etc., when they are free to record any and every word we say in calls and enquiries to them, and retain the recordings thereof, "for training and quality purposes": I always feel its a bit like stepping into a boxing ring with an opponent who is allowed to hit you, but you arent allowed to hit them back.  B)
    I mentioned in an earlier post today, that I was informed by my MP's office that I could (and should) request that my upcoming Work Capability Assessment be recorded BY THEM, and that he had requested that on my behalf. A different kettle of cod to the unrealistic demand made for the '2 concurrent recordings' rule applicable to PIP assessments (or consultations, as they are now known)

• Markmywords
    Markmywords Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    Good advice and along with others, it can be found on the excellent Tips page Scope has polled from the community.
  • Elky1
    Elky1 Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    My GP records calls to patients and you only find out if there is a problem. On his main line for appointments etc etc you are warned calls are recorded 'for training' purposes which is understandable and at least you know it's happening but if he calls you that's a different matter and according to the BMA he is not allowed to do it so be aware. 
  • positivitygoing1
    positivitygoing1 Community member Posts: 42 Courageous
    I put this for my own records because I could never remember what was said during the phone call , but me personally I record everything to do with the DWP and say for instance it was a work capability assessment and I didn't think the HP was being fair I would tell them at the end I'd recorded it so they DONT put lies in there report , if they said to me "then ill have to cancel the whole thing" I would pretend I didn't know what they were talking about , that way THEY would wish that it was recorded , see how they feel with the situation reversed it's okay for them to lie so I would do it back , cos I literally have zero faith in them 
  • Elky1
    Elky1 Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    When it was DLA you could,  as I did,  tell them you want it recorded and they had to comply. With pip it should be mandatory then there would be none of the lying and cheating we see today. Because of the tape I won my DLA appeal. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.