PIP appeal or reapply? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP appeal or reapply?

Options
Jono
Jono Community member Posts: 4 Connected
edited September 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have had my PIP stopped completely and had a reconsideration which was unsuccessful. As my condition has worsened, can I reapply for PIP as well as , or instead of, appealing the decision through court?

Comments

• Nystagmite
    Nystagmite Community member Posts: 596 Pioneering
    Options
    If you reapply, it goes from the date you phoned up and you could possibly lose money. But the appeal goes on what you were on the date of the assessment and not now.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Debbie_Scope what do you think?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If go take your current claim to appeal and win your award will be back dated  to the date it stopped. Appeals to tribunal, when done right, stand a 65% chance of success
    You can also start a new claim. If you do this you will have to juggle two sets of paperwork. This will generate a new decision date and any award thea you win from tribunal will stop at the date of the new decision.
    As your condition has worstened, the tribunal may not take this into consideration

As they say, the choice is yours

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.