Me! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Me!

Options
Mammyj
Mammyj Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi I'm Claire, I've got Osteoarthritis of my back &a spine, degenerative disc disease, trapped nerves, sciatica in both legs, irreversible nerve damage to my feet & calves. Fibromyalgia really bad & mental health problems. I'm constantly in pain & some days I can't even get out of bed. I am right now fighting to get my PIP back as they've taken it off me again, as they think that there's nothing wrong with me cause I look normal & walk normally but what they don't realise is that I'm in constant chronic pain. I've got to go to Tribunal & I've been waiting ages! They took my money off me in May & I'm struggling to live & they don't seem to care! 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Claiming PIP is one of the hardest things we have to do.
    Not because of the ridiculously incomprehensible form
    Not because of all the evidence we are supposed to have or get without paying for it
    Not because most GP's are to busy to write supporting letters
    Not because the DWP seldom follow up our medical evidence
    Not because much of what we tell an assessor will be twisted.

None of these is as hard as having to think and behave  in a manner that we have manage to overcome. We have to put away our coping mechanisms that we have carefully constructed to manage our every days lives. We are tortured into becoming sick or disabled just for one day otherwise we look normal. It may take us weeks to regain what little dignity we had before these sadists invented PIP.
    The hardest thing about claiming PIP is becoming yourself for a day.

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Mammyj,

Sorry to hear about what you've been going through.

Do you know when your tribunal is? There are quite a few posts around the community about tribunals full of great advice which might help? This post from Matilda is worth a read and Scope have some info and videos for each stage of the process.

In the meantime, if you are really struggling financially - there might be some support available. You can get in touch with our benefits advisors on here or give our helpline a ring - 0808 800 3333.

Brightness