PIP - statement of reasons — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP - statement of reasons

Options
clare_1
clare_1 Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
edited September 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I would be greatful for some advice.
I won first tribunal for PIP on the 26 may.
I received a letter from PIP  on the  20 June to say they have applied to the courts for statement of reasons.
We have rang PIP to ask what is happing and they said he can't see nothing on the computer about the claim from the 20th June and is going to chase this up.
We rang the courts, they revived the the request of statemeant of reason on the 13th June. The courts said it was past to the judge on the 13th september. The court said I now have to wait 4-6 weeks for the statment of reasons to be sent out.
I'm very confused by the whole situation, as to why it's taken so long for the juge to receive this.
If anyone could help I would be greatful. Thank you in advance 

Comments

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Clare_1,

Welcome to the community. I've moved your post to our benefits advisor section. Hopefully they will be able to help you with this soon.

Thanks,
    Alex
  • clare_1
    Options
    Thank you so much Alex
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options

Hi @clare_1

I wish I could tell you why it's taken so long for the judge to receive the request, but in truth it is likely to be something to do with a filing error, or annual leave, or something of that sort - it is not the norm for it to take so long to reach the judge.

You could complain, however there is no strict timescale for the Reasons and there would therefore be little point.

Unfortunately it's just a case of waiting for the reasons now - hopefully not much longer now the judge definitely has them!

Let us know if you need any more advice on this.

Best wishes,

Mary

The Benefits Training Co:

• clare_1
    Options
    Thank you for the reply Mary.
    Now it's just the waiting game for 6 weeks and then an other month from then, to see if PIP is going to take it to next stage.
    At this point I have forgotten what sleep is.
    Thank you once again

• clare_1
    Options
    Hello just an update.
    I received statement of reason from the courts, it was dated the 24th October.
    I haven't received an other news that PIP are going to take it further.
    Not to sure what this means beacuse it's been over a month from the SOR from courts
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You can ring the tribunal clerk for an update

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Hi clare_1,

The DWP have one month, from the date the statement of reasons are sent out, to dispute the tribunal's decision. As the one month has gone now, you should phone the tribunals service to ask whether they have received a dispute from the DWP. If they haven't, the DWP have either decided not to pursue it or have missed the deadline, and must therefore implement the tribunal's decision as soon as possible. If the tribunal have received a dispute, unfortunately it is going to take quite a while longer to see whether you will get your benefit, as appealing to the Upper Tribunal can take a long time for an outcome to be reached.

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:

• clare_1
    Options
    Thank you for that information Lee.
    I got my mum to ring ( as I have trouble speaking).
    They have awarded me pip and apologised that it has taken so long.
    She said  " that because it's been over a year, it now has to be passed to the payments team".
    They didn't tell me how long it would take but said they would text me and send letter out.
    Thank you once again for response and advice ☺

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.