Hi, my name is lissj44! Thank you for accepting me! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is lissj44! Thank you for accepting me!

lissj44
lissj44 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Thanks for allowing me onto this site! There is so much information on many things for disabled people.
lissyj

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2017
    Hi @lissj44

A very very warm welcome to to you to our online community & website.

Yes there is lots of great info on our website !!!!!

Please please let us me know if you want any help with the info ????

Are you having a good morning ????

• lissj44
    I like many others have now to appeal against my PIP decision. I would like to know how you go about the complaint procedure of the accessor? How can they get away with blatant lies! And saying you can do things which are impossible for you to actually do! 
    Not only are DWP causing so much stress on genuine people who need help. Theses accessors are getting away with lying! 
    On my reconsideration, my support worker pin pointed the points where he had lied! She is an independent! My partner and support worker were both there for the assessment as I suffer anxiety and severe depression. 
    The letter came back on decision and were actually calling my support worker a liar by saying she believed all what accessor had put in his report! 
    Had to laugh said I was a little nervous but no sign of anxiety or depression? Also my hearing was fine, I had ear infection at the time which I was attending ENT treatment room, I had to ask him to repeat things and talk louder! Though says complete opposite in his statement! Also that I refused examination as in too much pain? I wasn't even asked! That just a few I can think of off top of my head. 
    These accessors are surely breaking a law of some kind? 
    Do we have to now record these meetings? 
    If you are about to have one I would recommend recording it not just voice but video! 
    Surely they cannot get away with it, so many people are having the same thing! And misinterpreted many answers you give, in their favour to discredit what you have honestly put on initial form. 
    Please any help would be greatly appreciated!! 
    Lissj
  • lissj44
    Hi @Steve61  
    i am awaiting appointment with GP this afternoon as not far off having a breakdown or as family think had one! A lot happened last 12months Nov I had cage fitted to my cervical spine Feb my partner was on ITU with pneumonia sepsis and complete organ failure luckily survived by a miracle he was on there for a month in hospital 8weeks! Then on 28th August my father passed away unexpectedly and funeral took ages wasn't until Monday! Where I also had my reply off DWP on reconsideration! All in all my brain n body ready to shut down! 
    But apart from that I will be ok! 
    Just don't know why haven't been on here before! 
    I had contact with scope years ago as was nursery nurse with lovely boy with muscular dystrophy! 
    But only just thought of looking on here! 
    Hope ypur having a good morning? 
  • steve51
    edited September 2017
    Hi @lissj44

Many many thanks !!!!!

Please please let me know if I can help you !!!!

I feel your "PAIN" so much !!!!

Please don't worry about me you have got plenty of things yourself !!!!

Please please please chat with me if that will "HELP"

We must all stick together as "ONE"

I hope everything goes ok with your "GP"

I've got the "T shirt " with that one believe me !!!

Please please let me know how you get on with your "GP"

Don't let things get over yourself that what we are all here for !!!!

I look forward to hearing from you later !!!!!

Let yourself ( chat ) go on me that's what I'm here for !!!!!

Try to smile today if possible !!!!

• lissj44
    Thank you @steve51
    it actually went well with the GP! He has offered me counselling but said I would have to go to the surgery for it as they don't do home visits! Asked if support worker could maybe come with me?  He also said that I have to appeal straight away! And that he would do a letter for me! Also to ask to see him in future as can be any doctor when ask for appointment. He was disgusted I have been waiting 8+months for OT visit for help with personal care! Wet wipes are just not the same! Have to pay hairdresser to come in to wash my hair once or twice a week! Social services just keep saying whilst your waiting could you pay for private? Gee I wish!!! 
    He is going to monitor my depression and anxiety but on highest dose of good antidepressants and to take my diazepam as try not to take only with extreme spasm or feeling really down, but then unable to drive! 
    He was actually a very helpful GP, makes a change. My surgery closed so with new one and not seen same GP since. Now I know you can ask for specific GP that will help! 
    Im trying to focus on positives, but so hard! 
    The worst thing I was ever diagnosed with was fibromyalgia 17years ago! As you can't have anything wrong it always that! Had cage put in my neck for cervical myopathy and wear and tear and spondylitis! Which for 16yeats was  oh its fibromyalgia umm no it's not! Took a locum to take it seriously! Same with gallbladder in and out of hospital for two and a half years, then oh yes it is gallbladder not fibro! Op done no more pain! My knees give way, swell with fluid, etc etc. Ligament keeps going in one? Oh it fibro! No I know what fibro pain is, had to get my mum to come to physio and tell him about nobody listening about neck etc. Next minute oh, it's ligament and cartilage will report back to consultant see if wants to do MRI? 
    Sorry for ranting going completely off what I was saying! Lol 
    i was diagnosed with spinabifida occulta not until 21, which causes incontinence and now stops me walking far, and pain! At a physio session after motorbike accident in 99 he put me on a back stretching rack a few times and it actually made the bottom of my back worse, how I don't know? 
    I haven't moaned like this for year!s! So sorry! 
    It takes me ages to write/type and pain in neck and arms etc is unreal! 

Anyhow im now exhausted already! So I'm off for a kip! 
    Please if you can help me how to complain to captiva I would be grateful, as they should never be allowed to be getting away with completely and utterly blatantly lying about me and seems so many other people! 
    Thanks for being there
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome

Please feel free to moan or rant as much as you like, we are hear to listen. :)

Unfortunately you are not alone, many assessments bear little resemblence to the report. It is very easy to try and argue the report and lies when going to appeal, but this will not score you the points you need for the award you deserve.
    Concentrate on the descriptors and how they apply to your situation,
    Complaints to Capita can wait

For Maximus (The Health Assessment Advisory Service)

Customer Relations Team
    Health Assessment Advisory Service
    Room 4E04, Quarry House, Quarry Hill, Leeds LS2 7UA

customer-relations@chdauk.co.uk

Sounds like you have a great GP who will be a great asset for your appeal.
    To start you will need SSCS1 to apply to the tribunal. You only need the basic reasons why you are appealing at this stage.
    When your appeal is accepted the DWP will send you all the evidence in your claim (known as the bundle ) you then use this to prepare your submission. There is some great info on here for you about the whole process.

Please come back with any question

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • lissj44
    Thank you so much for your help @CockneyRebel it is very much appreciated. 
    I am dreading going to appeal you have to focus on all the things you are unable to do which itself is so depressing and my head is everywhere right now, never alone when start doing this. 
    But I shall do it! I wish to god I didn't have to claim and was able to work again and help pay for others in need 
    but it something that I still haven't come to terms with after 16 years! 
    I have just applied to volunteer in scope shop, and have to call in! That is going to be challenging but I can do it! Just hope can help on a basis where I won't have to be relied on to get there every time, as some days can't get out of bed! But would make me feel so much better to be able to help out and have another focus! 
    Lissy 
  • steve51
    Hi @lissj44

That's Great News I'm so so pleased for you.

See being positive brings It's own rewards in the end.

You have to grab the "Bull" by the "Horns"

You sound so much better already which is great news.

"Yes Yes" if I can help you further please please ask me ????

"Keep up the Good Work"

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.