ESA50 help - urgent — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA50 help - urgent

nshabani
nshabani Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited September 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi! Today I am very bad. I had WCA last year on September 2016 and I was placed on support group for one year this time, because I was for 2 years before one 2014. They sent another ESA50 questionare this year on July, I fiilled and I posted to them on 14 August 2017. Today I received a letter which said that my medical certificat has roun out and I have to sent to them another certificate or letter from my GP. No letter for WCA, nothing. It has never happended for a long time since 2005. They said I have to sent to them the medical certificate or letter from my GP untill 27 September. Today is Saterday 23, on Monday is 25. I have time 2 days left. Is that right?

I am suffering from my left leg which is shorter than right one and I have done a hip replacement about 18 years ago. Also I have anxiety, depression, hearing loss and many equipment at home, sleep aopnea and mone other problems. Today they killed me. Since I got the letter I have termules and I cannot stand up. Im nearly to have heart attack. Please does anybody has the same situation like me? Help me please.

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello nshabani and welcome

It sounds like you need to see yuor GP asap for a fit note.
    i would suggest that you telephone the DWP on monday to clarify what your position is and what they need from you.

Do you also claim PIP ?

Unfortunately most of the advisors are not here at the weekend so you may get some better info on monday

If I can help in the mean time please let me know what I can do for you

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • nshabani
    Yes I am getting DLA high rate mobility and low care mobility.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @nshabani

Welcome to the gang I do hope that we can help you in anyway ????

l'm sorry for your current predicament.

I have posed some info on Benefits below please please let me know if I can help you further ??

http://community.scope.org.uk/categories/benefits-and-finances

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    nshabani,

You shouldn't need a medical certificate as you should continue to be regarded as someone who has limited capability for work and work-related activity until a new decision is made.

I would advise you to get a medical certificate, since they have asked for one, and send it to them (if you get one today and send it first class, it should arrive by 27th September). Make sure you take a copy and get proof of posting, or sent it recorded delivery, if you can.

It sounds to me as if a mistake has been made along the way. As someone who has been on ESA for some time, and in the support group, there is no current reason to need a medical certificate. I would suggest that if you can, you ring them to ask whether a decision is going to be made on the ESA50 alone (which is possible). If they are going to call you for a WCA, they do NOT need a medical certificate in the meantime, because your existing support group decision remains valid. Still, I would be inclined to do what they have asked for, just to cover yourself. 

I would also consider going to see your MP. Last year, the government said they would stop reassessing people with long-term conditions, or conditions which can only get worse. But they have not kept this promise so far. Your MP really should be interested in how much stress this has caused you. Assuming it is a mistake, I think you should complain too - your MP could help you with this.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

• nshabani
    Thank you Sir. I called yesterday to job center and she said your claim is fine and you do not have to sent anything to us. I don't know now to believe them or not? I am really confused and am afraid if there is any trick to stop my benefit without reason even there is done a mistake. They have the power to do what they want and I'm not so strong to fight them and nobody to help me. I am waiting until next week to see if they will pay or not. 
    Thank you again for your help.
  • Barrylad1957
    Barrylad1957 Community member Posts: 99 Courageous
    @nshabani
    If your 'work coach' at the jobcentre has told you that your claim is fine, then everything should be okay. I've been off on the sick claiming Universal Credit since late last year, and, every month up until June, I got letters stating that my 'fit note' had expired (when I knew for a fact that it had not), and I would fly into a panic, and rush to the jobcentre, where, usually after a long wait, I was told that my claim was fine and I didnt need to send anything. In June I wrote to the DWP, and told them that these monthly letters that were being sent to me in error were causing me great mental distress, and that actually getting to the jobcentre to sort it out created great problems for me, and they replied, saying that the letters were being sent out wrongly by an automated system (?) and that they would look into it. I have not received one since. To put your mind at rest, at no time during the period in which I was receiving the letters did my benefits actually ever stop, but I know it is a real worry, so you have my sympathy. Try not to worry too much mate, I'm sure everything will be alright. Do you have a contact number for your work coach at the jobcentre? Its a lot easier if you have, so you can ring them when things like this happen and you dont have to travel to and fro. It took me seven monthsto get ba landline direct number for my local jobcentre, but apparently, they do have to give it to you if requested.
    Good luck, hope all goes well.
  • nshabani
    Thank you Barrylad 1957 for taking your time replying and helping me not to be worried.
    I hope everything will be ok, but you know that is so stressful situation that has made us suspicious for everything.  This is not life, but we don't have choice and have to live with this.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.