I have mental health problems and can't leave my house alone. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have mental health problems and can't leave my house alone.

susisu
susisu Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello I have mental health problems and can't leave my house alone. I only go out for appointments and I'm a wreck when I do. Can't even get to the bottom of my garden alone. 

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @susisu welcome to the community, that sounds really tough.  Are you getting any support?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • susisu
    susisu Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    My husband and daughter try there best but both work full time. I had been seeing a phsycologist but my sessions ended and now I'm waiting to hear when they restart. I don't get lonely or bored or feel isolated at all. My mental health is so that I don't even notice I'm alone 75 percent of the time and yet time goes somewhere I don't know. I don't know what I do all day
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2017
    Hi @susisu Is there anything you have an interest in that you could learn more about whilst youre at home? Any hobbies? 

When I was recovering from surgery, I couldnt leave the house and I watched a lot of TED talks to keep my brain occupied.  I also learnt to crochet.

Is there anything you could do at home to pass your time?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • reality
    reality Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi my daughter has the same she is 23 .cant go outside if she does she self harms alot and wants to end  her life the dwp have agreed she needs a home visit and are coming out to see her But PIP are refuseing this and say she must attend at there swindon office life is hard I go to work hopeing my daughter will still be here when i get home .michael.

Brightness