Received Pip assessment report — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Received Pip assessment report

Options
ally1983
ally1983 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
hi everyone my first post here, I had my pip assessment on the 18th September. I got my assessment report today, I'm fairly happy with what has been written, i checked the self assessment online with the answers the lady had put on the assessment and it looks like I would be awarded standard rate for both daily living and mobility with a view to review in 2 years. Do the case managers normally go on these reports? Does anyone think this is a positive thing? I had the we have all the information we need letter at the beginning of the week. This wait is horrible, tia x 

Comments

• janice_in_wonderland
    janice_in_wonderland Community member Posts: 265 Pioneering
    Options
    If you're ok with it that's what counts

But is this after the assessment or an appeal? 
  • ally1983
    Options
    its a new claim i made and this is the report from my f2f
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    Options
    @ally1983 The first thing you need to know is that the DWP Decision makers have NO medical knowledge whatsoever so they rely entirely on the assessment report. If you're happy, which you seem to be, with the information on your report then yes the Decision will be based on that. The only time it will change is when people aren't happy and decide to appeal by sending in a Mandatory Reconsideration Letter. In that case the claim will be returned to be looked at by a different assessor to see whether any changes are appropriate. Decision maker's are just admin staff who send out the awards. It's very confusing for claimants as their name implies they are the one's who make the decision but it's really the assessor's opinion that results in your award.
  • ally1983
    Options
    @wildlife thank you for your reply, this is all new to me so havent got a clue really, ive been trying to read up as much as possible, just hope its not much longer till i receive the decision

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.