PIP assessment lies — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP assessment lies

rainbow58
rainbow58 Community member Posts: 80 Courageous
edited October 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
i was told of this site by a friend,Having read some of the posts and how many have had lies told about them in the assessors reports.Mine contained so many blatant lies and the assessor did not record things as i told them but how he "interpreted "them-i was observed to do things I did not do and which the suggestion was totally ridiculous-something no-one would ever do.i have been to the CAB and submitted a mandatory reconsideration,I also complained to Atos today-by email-so i have a record.i was told that these were the people to complain to and the person who told me said they had to take it to the next stage and to a case examiner who he got an apology from and compensation,i dont know if this is gospel or a wind up by the person concerned,

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello rainbow and welcome

Unfortunately you are not alone with your assessment being misrepresented but it is very hard to discredit an assessors "professional opinion". You can only supply evidence which is open to interpretation or opinion.
    Certainly, it is important to make a complaint about an assessor, if you believe that they have misrepresented your case but this will not get you the award you deserve. You will only do this by showing that you fit the criteria for a higher award.
    The CAB helping you with your MR is a good start, but be prepared to go to appeal where the success rate is much higher.
    You don't say which benefit this is for or what if any award you received, there is a wealth of info on this site so please have a look around and come back with any questions

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • rainbow58
    I HAVE QUALIFIED FRO DLA SINCE 1999 AND INDEFINITE.THIS WA S TRANSFER TO PIP.THE ASSESSOR SCORED ZERO POINTS BUT DID NOT ACCEPT WHAT i CANT DO-THAT I NEED AIDS TO DO THINGS,HE=TOLD BLATANT LIES -CLAIMED I WAS OBSERVED TO BEND DOWN AND LAY DOCUMENTS ON THE FLOOR-NOONE WOULD DO SUCH A THING

ONLY SAW ME  WALK A FEW METRES -NO MORE THAN 5 ON LEVEL FLOOR-SO CANNOT SAY i AM ABLE TO WALK 20OM OR UPHILL STEPS ROUGH GROUND AS NEVER DID THESE AND NEVER CARRIED OUT THE ACTIVITIES SO CANT SAy I AM CAPABLE OF DOING THEM,EVERYTHING WAS HIS "INTERPRETATI9N" NOT WHAT HE WAS TOLD.
    AL MY DEFORMITIES/CONDITIONS  HAVE BEEN DIAGNOSED .HE CNAT SAY "THERE IS NO SIGFN OF SPINAL CURVE OR DEFORMITY TO HANDS -UNLESS HE HAS XRAY EYES AND CAN SEE THROUGH CLOTHING AND HANDS ARE CLEARLY DEFORMED -WHICH IS WHY I COULDNT DO ALL ASPECTS OF MY WORK WHEN I DID WORK-LOST JOB IN 1998

• franthevet
    franthevet Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    All the above very helpful. Good to know IM NOT ALONR as i spent most og tbe last 8 weeks alonr depressex amd suicidal..came off esa and dla Feb when I went back to work. Been off sick since 4th June. I felt fit to work from 8th Aug but THEY FDONT BDLIVE ME. NOW BROKE AND GONE TO FOOD BANKZ. 2 months behind in rent. HELP ...
  • rainbow58
    Hi Fran ,can you not get help from the housing dept at your council towards your rent?do you receive any benefits now?
  • franthevet
    franthevet Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    So didn't want to go back onto the benefits..makex me 're sick the degrading and humiliating loops they make I jump through ...plus have bden too sick to cope w forms..but had to apply for universal credit and housing benefit 3 days ago..
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm so sorry to hear about your experience @rainbow58, it sounds like your assessor wasn't understanding of your needs at all. 

How are you feeling today @franthevet? Do keep us updated with your application process! 
  • rainbow58
    i have just received a "brown envelope" from ATOs.cant be opening it now -have enough on my plate with f.....g doctors right now,i
     MR turned down?

• Pippa_Alumni
    Do let us know if you need any support or have any questions, @rainbow58.
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    edited October 2017
    @PippaScope That's one way of putting it, but those of us who've been subjected to the corrupt practices of some assessors know it isn't a lack of understanding. They can see and hear and understand but they chose not to. I too was accused of doing something no-one in their right mind would do and yet there was no cognitive impairment recorded. I did the exercises I could do and declined the ones I couldn't but according to my assessor I did them all and more besides that weren't even asked of me. ALL the results were wrong. This is not done by accident but is an intentional act to deceive. @rainbow 58 I did what your informer did and went through the ATOS complaints procedure and am now with ICE the Independant Complaints Examiner. It has taken 9 months so far and have now got my MP involved. You are not alone. ATOS took 5 months to reject all my points raised that were incorrect. I am now using the Data Protection Act to try and get the lies deleted from my records. Just reading your opening post I also emailed ATOS and all the emails I sent were ignored. You may have a different experience but the fact that you've complained can now be mentioned to DWP to help them understand you're not happy with your assessment and the report that followed. You can ring DWP anytime and ask for a call back from a DM to discuss your claim. It's useful at MR stage to ask if there is any more evidence they need or to tell them what evidence you've already supplied that is being ignored. Hope you can turn things around and get what you're entitled to..
  • Candyfloss
    Candyfloss Community member Posts: 34 Listener
    Dear Rainbow sorry to read your obvious distress.I understand your concerns as I have similar.I can only suggest that you appeal taking your papers to CAB who will set the wheels in motion.Let me know how you get on.LOL..
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @rainbow58

My assessor told a blatant lie, and also  inferred that my walking 16 meters from waiting to assessment room meant I could walk 20 to 50 meters outside.  I was awarded standard both components but at tribunal this was increased to enhanced both components.

Don't give up. Scope, CAB and Disability Rights sites all have tribunal appeal guides. And Disabilty Rights publish a Benefits Handbook which you have to buy but worth the money as has a lot of detail about tribunal hearings.  Available from Disabilty Rights website.
  • Pippa_Alumni
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @rainbow58

I'm very very sorry to hear about your current prediciment !!!!!!

Can you please please let me know if I can help you in anyway ???????

Thanks.

• rainbow58
    thank you everyone for your replies especially Steve.sorry dont know how to reply to individual replies.
    candyfloss-went to CAB-MR submitted,
    MP secretary contacted-sent her copy of complaint to ATOS.
    She gave info on what DWP say of the assessors that they were fully trained in medical conditions and that DLA and PIP were different benefits and the criteria was not on your conditions but how they affect ability to function.
    told her had been on DLA 19 years-on ESA  -which was awarded based on same criteria-my conditions and how they prevent ability to perform daily activities-that the assessor based his "findings " on one hour not daily .
    Accused of doing things noone would do,i couldnt do,.

thank youWildlife-  i will use the Data protection Act to get the lies deleted from my records -and my medical  notes where the gp 's have lied/pm's made false accusations,etc

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.