World Friendship Day — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

World Friendship Day

Options
Sam_Alumni
Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
This Sunday is World Friendship Day and so I thought it might be nice for us to post a bit of a celebration about the brilliant friends in our lives.

I would like to celebrate my friend Caroline who has been there for me through thick and thin, she has looked after me when I'm sick, visited me in hospital, looked after my kids, cooked, cleaned and even showered me when I was recovering from surgery.  She does it all with a smile on her face and a heart full of love and I am so grateful to have such a wonderful person in my life. She also sees me as a person, not a patient and that means so much.

Tell me about your friends, what makes them so special to you? 
Scope
Senior online community officer

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 740 Listener
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 740 Listener
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • htlcy
    htlcy Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
    Options
    I'd like to celebrate my friend Emma. We've been friends for 12 years, and she's stuck by me through thick and thin. She's there to check up on me, we meet up when we can and I can just be myself around her. Most disabled or chronically ill people know that not everyone can be so kind and understanding, but I wanted to share my appreciation of her today.
  • basiclee08
    basiclee08 Community member Posts: 66 Courageous
    Options
    OOPs missed this one lol.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    This is lovely @htlcy and @DannyMoore  :)

You can still add to this @basiclee08 it doesnt matter if the day itself passed! 

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Barrylad1957
    Barrylad1957 Community member Posts: 99 Courageous
    edited October 2017
    Options
    My ex-partner, Curtis. When we were together, all we did was argue; now that we are no longer a 'couple', we are the greatest friends, and this past year, since I first became unwell, she's been a rock. She has adopted my Shih Tzu and given him a great home, and in doing so, has ensured that I still see him as often as I want. She has given me lifts everywhere since I had to stop driving, cooked me meals, brought my grandkids (and hers) to visit me when I have'nt been going out much. Being there is very important, and be there she has. For this reason more than any other, she has supplanted my two surviving life-long male friends on my Bezzy Mates List, because all they've done is complain that they find it odd that I dont get drunk anymore, and don't go to 'The match'; they think that the most obvious manifestation of my mental illness is the fact that I sold my scooter.
    So, in the final analysis, she gets the rose.
    If I'd liked her this much when we were a couple, we'd still be together.  :)
    Also, this may sound a bit weird to some, but I can't leave out Ted; he's a huge part of why I'm still here. Here's a pic of him with his housemate, Lily xx

Brightness