Hi I'm Rebecca ask me questions about Mental Health - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi I'm Rebecca ask me questions about Mental Health

Comments

• lavender
    lavender Community member Posts: 29 Connected
    Topkitten , Thank you for your comment.
  • RebeccaMHadvisor
    RebeccaMHadvisor Community member Posts: 99 Courageous
    Hi @Dasiydo

Please let me know how I can help

Rebecca

• RebeccaMHadvisor
    Hi @lavender

I think that it was a great question and I hope that the way you answered it will perhaps give them an insight into how others work. I feel that the NHS is a wonderful thing but they are struggling financially, struggling to recruit and keep staff and struggling to keep up with the amount of paperwork the government demands of them making the services they offer not necessarily the services we need when we need it.

I hope that some of the changes the government is making within the mental health services and the awareness that is being raised in the media about mental health will go so way to changing things for the better.

Rebecca
  • Dasiydo
    Dasiydo Community member Posts: 93 Courageous
    I  worried about few things but now just give up on hope just go flow
    V.shaw
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Dasiydo, is there anything we can help you with? 
  • freckles
    freckles Community member Posts: 258 Pioneering
    Hi rebbeca i have mental health i,m seeing a phychatrist nxt monday i also have interstital lung disease and see my consultant every six months i m awaiting another CT scan as i seen him a few weeks ago i have knees and back pain this is making me tired all the time i got a pip questionaire the other week which had to be in on the 9th of october i was awarded pip until sept 2018 i could only send limited info in as waiting to here from pain clinic and not seeing phychatrist until the 23rd all this is streesing me out any help or advice would me much appriciated
  • rayboyle
    rayboyle Community member Posts: 2 Listener

Hi Rebecca

I work with someone who has mental health problems. There are times when things go wrong. How can I get help for my department and me so we know how to handle this without situations becoming work place gossip?

Ray

• RebeccaMHadvisor
    Hi @freckles

How did it go with the psychiatrist? Unfortunately PIP is not my strong point but there is some great advice on here. You might want to start with this.

Having to go through to process and the uncertainty is very stressful and can further impact on your mental health. Doing some research and understanding the process better can really help you as you will have a better understanding of what information you might be asked for and questions you could be asked. Also talking to others who have gone or who are going through the process might help you and our online community is a great place to start.

Good luck with the process
    Rebecca
  • freckles
    Hi rebecca thanks for your supply my pshychatrist thinks i mite have autism hes doing some back ground checks on my past
  • freckles
    Hi rebecca thanks for your supply my pshychatrist thinks i mite have autism hes doing some back ground checks on my past
  • carrie16
    carrie16 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Hi ..I had been seeing my ..cpn for 17 years ...house visits...he has now retired. ..is there anyway is can get his reports which he sent to esa and dla....i would like these reports for evedenice to send in.
  • RebeccaMHadvisor
    Hi @carrie16

You have the right to access information about yourself and can discuss this with your GP or with the Community Mental Health team of which he was part. There may be some circumstances where they will not grant you access to some parts of your record if they feel that this may have a detramental affect on your mental health but they will be able to discuss that with you.

Rebecca
  • carrie16
    carrie16 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Thank you so much for your advise.
  • fred777
    fred777 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi therei’m 22 and have asgburgers symptom and have been struggling with having no talk to and makes me feeling like i’m drowning all the time 
  • RebeccaMHadvisor
    Hi @fred777

It sounds as though things are very difficult for you at the moment and I can hear that you are really struggling. I am wondering what support you do have at the moment and whether you can tell me a little more about what is happening for you?

Rebecca
  • Louise81
    Louise81 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi Rebecca
    I was hoping you may be able to give me abit of advice. My 18 yr old son has severe anxiety, it came on all of sudden last year, hes now  at the point he cant leave the house. I had to pay for a private Councillor cbt as the nhs wanted him to go to group meeting. He has stopped seeing his Councillor after a couple of home visits. I dont know if im doing right from wrong, do i let him deal with it on his own with my help, which i dont know what im doing. This is what he wants or do make him see someone. Its so hard seeing him the way he is and how it affects him. I dont know whats best. Hope you can  point me in the right direction
    Kind regards
    Louise 
  • kaur
    kaur Community member Posts: 48 Connected
    Hi rebbeca my bro has EUPD and compulsive gambling addiction :(
  • kaur
    kaur Community member Posts: 48 Connected
    We as a family are trying to get him the right support we heard of gordon moody which helps gamblers in a 12 week residential setting. The only thing his psychatrist is not that keen on the idea all the shrink want is too discharge him from the psychiatric hospital asap. My bro agrees to go ti gordon moody I have the forms to fill in im unsure now. My bro has no fixed abode he will b homeless :(
  • RebeccaMHadvisor
    Hi @Louise81

I can hear that things have been very difficult for you. It must be very stressful trying to get your son the help that you can see that he needs. I am wondering if there was anything that triggered the anxiety that he is suffering?

You have said that he stopped seeing the councillor after a couple of home visits. Can I ask, is this because he didn’t want to engage or something else?

It is clear that you want to best for him but you can’t force him to accept help, he can’t start to get better until he, first he has to accept he needs the help and then accept the help. The only thing you can continue to do is to be there for him. Look out for him, support him the best you can.

You need to make sure that you are also taking care of yourself, the situation that you are in is stressful and worrying. Perhaps there are some support groups for careers in the area that you could attend?

I know that what I have said doesn't really help you move forward, but you are clearly doing the right thing for you son by looking for answers.

• RebeccaMHadvisor
    Hi @kaur

I am really sorry to hear about the difficulties that you are having with your brother. Sometimes it can be very difficult to understand what to do for the best. It is really important to understand the reasons that the psychiatrist is not keen on the idea and what their support plan will be for him once he leaves the hospital. Is there anyone within his support team that you can sit down with and talk to about your brothers options?

It is also really important to talk to your brother, about what he wants and the help and support he thinks will be beneficial to him. 
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness