New here and would like any good advive as the DWP are on my back with their 62 page form to fill in — Scope | Disability forum

New here and would like any good advive as the DWP are on my back with their 62 page form to fill in

paulnoi Member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello I'm a new user of this site and those sods at the DWP are on my back with their 32-page tome that if I get something wrong they will punish me financially and the anxiety I am going through with the pain  of the pain of a severe failure Spinal surgery with the cocktail of drugs my Doctors have given me, it is all getting on top of me and very hard to bear? Would welcome your help here? 


  • BeccaShark123
    BeccaShark123 Member Posts: 46 Courageous
    Hi @paulnoi

    Welcome to Scope’s online community!

    Sounds like you have a lot to deal with at the moment, which I imagine is made even worse by having new medications with new side affects to deal with.

    Have you contacted your local citizen’s advice bureau? If you rang and asked for an extension on your form deadline- someone at Citizen’s advice might even ring for you- you could then look at getting help filling the form out.

    I had help with my Personal Idenpedance Payment form through my local bureau a year ago, and they were fantastic!

    Becca :smile:
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @paulnoi, welcome to the community!

    As Becca says, it sounds like you have a lot on your plate at the moment. I also agree that Citizens' Advice might be a good place to start in terms of practical support. What do you think?

  • Matilda
    Matilda Member Posts: 2,590 Disability Gamechanger

    If you find that CAB in your area have a limited service nowadays Scope helpline might be able to advise you about other advice agencies in your area

    Def ask for extension and don't let DWP fob you off. They gave me an extra two weeks 


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.