Bad decision from PIP. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Bad decision from PIP.

Options
Lornat
Lornat Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I need some urgent advice about PIP . My 16 year old son who suffers from High Functioning Autism. Was just awarded Zero points on everything in the pip form. He was getting the higher rate care and lower rate disability when he had DLA.  So this is the result of switching over from DLA to PIP. So I am trying to find out what next and how to proceed. My son has an EHCP which he gets an additional 20 hrs of classroom support. I am dumbstruck with this decision. I called and requested the mandatory reconsideration and I have until the 29th of November to send in my response as to what I disagree with. I really need someone to help me with this next step. In the meantime my son’s DLA will stop on the 21st  of this month.

Comments

• janetrose
    janetrose Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    am a 60 year old female. It seems PIP is looking to claw back all our DLA benefit. I am trying to find help and advice. My motability car is being taken off me. I have had a car for many years. We are expected to provide proof. Past medical records seem not to apply. I have found My GP has been told not to get involved. Hospital consultants Have been warned off by managers. I do hope We both find the help We need. I am waiting to go to tribunal. I have little hope of winning without a representative.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Lornat said:
    I need some urgent advice about PIP . My 16 year old son who suffers from High Functioning Autism. Was just awarded Zero points on everything in the pip form. He was getting the higher rate care and lower rate disability when he had DLA.  So this is the result of switching over from DLA to PIP. So I am trying to find out what next and how to proceed. My son has an EHCP which he gets an additional 20 hrs of classroom support. I am dumbstruck with this decision. I called and requested the mandatory reconsideration and I have until the 29th of November to send in my response as to what I disagree with. I really need someone to help me with this next step. In the meantime my son’s DLA will stop on the 21st  of this month.
    Hi Lornat and welcome

Unfortunately this is not uncommon, DLA and PIP have different criteria.
    Have you requested a copy of the assessment report ?
    You really need this to address how the assessor made decisions about the descriptors
    It is important to understand the points system, the descriptors and the criteria for an award.
    To get an idea of what is needed try the self test

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

There is also lots of good info on here about MR's and appeals.
    Please have a look around and come back with any questions

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    janetrose said:
    am a 60 year old female. It seems PIP is looking to claw back all our DLA benefit. I am trying to find help and advice. My motability car is being taken off me. I have had a car for many years. We are expected to provide proof. Past medical records seem not to apply. I have found My GP has been told not to get involved. Hospital consultants Have been warned off by managers. I do hope We both find the help We need. I am waiting to go to tribunal. I have little hope of winning without a representative.
    Hi janetrose and welcome

If possible could you start a new thread as it is much less confusing if we can keep answers separate.

This is very worrying, I have never heard of GP's or consultants being warned off.

When did you apply to the tribunal ?
    Have you had the bundle of evidence yet ?
    How many points did you score when you had your assessment ?

Tribunals are much fairer in their treatment of evidence and only want to get to the truth without the DWP bias. Many people manage their own appeal successfully, as the panel only really want to see you and how your condition affects the things you can do, so the best evidence is yourself.

Please have a look at all the info on here and come back with any questions and we will do our best to help

CR 
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.