Hello! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello!

Options
Reria74
Reria74 Community member Posts: 21 Listener
edited November 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello everyone.

I joined the forums the other day, have had some advice from a nice person on here but I've plenty more questions lol.

I have been deemed fit for work by ATOS twice now, the first time was 2010, I appealed and had to wait a year for the tribunal which I won, then a couple of months after winning that ATOS again sent me another form and again deemed me fit for work, I appealed again, this time I had to wait 18 months for the tribunal because the tribunal services lost my paperwork, I won the tribunal in Jan 2013, they then sent me another ESA50 in June 2013, I sent that back and heard nothing until September 2017, an organisation filled the form out for me with info I had given and spoke to me about everything with me over the phone which was difficult for me. I sent the ESA50 back with the evidence I have, I don't have much up to date stuff because I'm one of those who has pretty much been forgotten about. I also sent a patient summary in with the form evidence. I heard back from them 5 weeks later and they are expecting me to go in for an assessment, probably not even reading the form or medical evidence, so where I am at the moment is, my Son has called the assessment centre to ask about a home assessment and then called the Dr's surgery about. After a lot of confusion and misinformation, my Son managed to speak to someone at the surgery who knew what we needed and has requested this from the Dr I see. I've also emailed the local MP.

Since those last assessments, I've been diagnosed with severe anxiety (agoraphobia and social anxiety), depression and FM. My Son is my carer. I receive PIP, the enhanced rate for both.

I am very stressed out at the moment which is having a detrimental effect on my health.

I do have some questions.

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.