Hi, my name is TheKLF99! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is TheKLF99!

Options
TheKLF99
TheKLF99 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
I just joined this community as I saw it on facebook.

I have a form of autism called Asperger's Syndrome as well as ADHD.

I was diagnosed with Aspergers when I was 24.

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @TheKLF99

Welcome to our website/community.

It's great to meet you this mourning.

Please please have a good look around & let me know if there is anything that I can help you with ???

I have posted some info for you, please let me know if I can help/support you with ????

Thanks.

https://youngminds.org.uk/find-help/conditions/adhd/?gclid=CjwKEAjwl9DIBRCG_e3DwsKsizsSJADMmJ11-Up6UaxChLC-rZEaT1lhftjgJ1e-NGyZLAcjYm8qpRoCjdzw_wcB
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Nice to meet you, @TheKLF99! Would you like to tell us some more about yourself?
  • TheKLF99
    TheKLF99 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    Options
    Hi Pippa,

I was initially diagnosed at school with ADHD but was told I'd grow out of ADHD, later on when I got to 24 I was re-assessed for Asperger's by Professor Digby Tantum who confirmed Asperger's, and later on my ADHD was also re-assessed and it was found that actually I hadn't outgrown ADHD.  

My main speciality is computer systems and I run my own computer repair business called Axiam PC repair in Ludlow, Shropshire, I also do website design with Wits End Wizardry, which is a small web design CIC run by Aspie in Worcester (Aspie is a charity for people with Asperger's Syndrome in Worcester).

I went to the University of Central Lancashire and studied a HND in Software Engineering, initially I did a degree in software engineering, but at the time was undiagnosed asperger's so struggled to complete it and ended up doing the HND instead.

When I was 25 I completed the Gold Duke of Edinburgh's Award and got to meet Prince Philip in London.

I also volunteer with the scout association at 1st Tenbury scouts, and volunteer at The Regal in Tenbury as a projectionist, recently I've been trained up to do live projections as well as films.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good to hear @TheKLF99, I bet meeting Prince Philip was an experience! Congrats on the HND too, that's a great achievement.

Have a look around the community and don't hesitate to get involved: you might be particularly interested in our ASD category. If we can be of any assistance, just let us know, and have a great day!

Brightness