Won my tribunal BUT — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Won my tribunal BUT

Options
StephanieMaria
StephanieMaria Community member Posts: 11 Listener
I won my tribunal on 18/10/2017 and I’m owed arrears dated back to August 2016, however, my representative has advised me that DWP may not pay out and that they could also contest the decision. Ive been reassured that I had seen the best judge I could’ve and if DWP challenge the decision, he will be extremely thorough with his reasoning. 

I honestly thought that winning my case would be the end of all this stress, it just makes me
feel more poorly and to make matters worse, this week I’ve noticed that I’m loosing more hair that what’s considered normal and have a bald patch. I just want this all to be over and pay off my credit accounts that I’ve depended on since my
payments stopped. 

Comments

• glenny
    glenny Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    Hi, 
    Like you, I won at my tribunal hearing and I was just as anxious as you that the DWP would appeal but yesterday I received a letter from them telling me that the arrears would be paid and I would receive the increased amount when the next payment fell due. The appeal was on 13/10/17 and the money is now in my account! I really don't trust the DWP, ATOS, the whole process in fact and didn't feel positive about any of it until I saw that money in my account.
    I was advised on this forum to ring the DWP to check that they had received the paperwork from the court, they assured me that they had. Have you tried ringing them? You may get some idea of what their intentions are.
    Best of luck.
    Glenny
  • StephanieMaria
    Options
    glenny said:
    Hi, 
    Like you, I won at my tribunal hearing and I was just as anxious as you that the DWP would appeal but yesterday I received a letter from them telling me that the arrears would be paid and I would receive the increased amount when the next payment fell due. The appeal was on 13/10/17 and the money is now in my account! I really don't trust the DWP, ATOS, the whole process in fact and didn't feel positive about any of it until I saw that money in my account.
    I was advised on this forum to ring the DWP to check that they had received the paperwork from the court, they assured me that they had. Have you tried ringing them? You may get some idea of what their intentions are.
    Best of luck.
    Glenny
    Thanks for the advice, I hope I’m next on their list. My representative has written to them today, including any paperwork that I may need just in case they don’t want to pay the arrears. How far were your arrears backdated? Mine are also increased. Woohoo 
  • glenny
    glenny Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    I'm pretty sure they have to pay the arrears back to the date of the original decision, mine went back to Oct 2016! It's great to have a healthy bank balance for a change lol.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Not sure what your rep is doing or advising. DWP will pay any backdated benefit that is owed. The only paper work following a tribunal decision is a SOR which can open up a new appeal to the UTT

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • StephanieMaria
    Options
    @CockneyRebel @glenny

ive been checking my bank account regularly to see if I’ve had any payments, I’ve just noticed a £10.98
    payment from: BG CREDIT (NI num) DWP PIP.  I’ll be calling them first thing because they owe me thousands! :( 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @StephanieMaria Oh no! Have you managed to speak to somebody about it yet?
  • StephanieMaria
    Options
    @PippaScope I did, this morning I called to discuss the payment and was informed that I’m receiving my back payment tomorrow, so I’m waiting until midnight to check, I’ll believe it when I see it. X

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.