PIP Assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Assessment

Options
ALwayS
ALwayS Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi Can anyone tell me how long a PIP assessment takes from HP to arrive at DWP ? I had an Assessment 2 weeks ago but the DWP still haven't received any paperwork. Is this the norm?

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi ALways and welcome

It normally takes 2 - 5 days although 2 weeks is not overly late. You should ring the assessment provider for an update, Reports are randomly pulled for Quality Checks

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • ALwayS
    Options
    Thank you Cockneyrebel. I will give it another week then I will ring again 
  • ALwayS
    Options
    Update ... The DWP received my assessment on Monday, I have asked for them to send me the assessors report as well.
  • cat1
    cat1 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
    Good luck with your claim , getting there report is a must believe me.
  • Good_Man
    Good_Man Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    Options
    Hi I had my assessment on monday, when do you recommend I phone them? and who do I phone? Will I get a decision or be told what the decision is?

I am new to this and am unsure what questions I should ask.

Many Thanks
  • Good_Man
    Options
    lol I am really sorry, DWP = dept for work and pensions, so what is an HP?
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Good_Man

HP = Health Professional (aka PIP assessor).

You should phone DWP (PIP helpline) tomorrow and ask for a copy of the assessor's report which should arrive after 10+ days.  You should receive a decision letter from DWP 2+ weeks after assessment.
  • Good_Man
    Options
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @ALwayS, your award letter can take up to 10 weeks after f2f due to back log or work load in your area, a weekly call to DWP for an update will give you peace of mind it's being felt with but as others have said getting your report will give you an Indecation of your award by looking at the points the accessor awarded you at the f2f but you still have to wait for the comfirmation letter from the decision maker.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.