Hi, my name is ottyonion!
I am 53 and have Fibro depression. Arthritis to name just a few issues. i Had a nightmare 19 months transferring from dla to pip. Went through mr then 2 tribunals 1st one adjourned so they could get report from GP(my go had Never been contacted) my Assessors lies through her teeth, I was disgusted by her behaviour.second tribunal increased my care component to highest but only gave me standard for mobility. As my award was for only two years by the time it was awarded I was due another assessment, this awarded me no mob again so another mr then a further tribunal. This awarded enhanced mobility but lowered my care even though not 6 months earlier the tribunal awarded me enhanced. My biggest fears are for my 28 yr old severely autistic non verbal daughter and my 24 yr old autistic son. They are both on life award dla and I’ve just had the letter for my daughter to apply for pip as even though she has a life award she can’t automatically transfer to pip. I spent 20 mins explaining her disability to pip who are now sending out the reem of applications I have to fill out on her behalf and there is no exceptions. Hanna has to have a face to face assessment with ‘atos” or the like, even though she is non verbal. Hanna is extremely vulnerable, has unpredictable acute behaviours and has a 2 to 1 support at all times, I know this is going to be traumatic at best!! There will be two of us with her on the day and I will be recording the meeting. No one lies about my kids and gets away with it, .Not sure how long it will be before Adam has to go through the same. What chance do either of them have when I had to go through hell for nearly two years and I have a voice!!
- 49.4K All Categories
- 9.8K Start here and say hello!
- 4.1K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 136 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 660 Work and employment
- 528 Education
- 970 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 927 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 245 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 250 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.5K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 588 Chronic pain and pain management
- 650 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 704 Autism and neurodiversity
- 849 Mental health and wellbeing
- 287 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.