Disabled People and hate crime — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disabled People and hate crime

bethr0bertson
bethr0bertson Community member Posts: 1 Listener
https://youtu.be/JHcbH2zfC08 I have recently made a video, for an A-Level project.  I chose an issue incredibly close to home and with the help of my lovely Mother, sister and others I have created what I hope to be a thought provoking, relevant and informative piece. I took on the task of shedding light on perhaps society's most forgotten about hate crime, hate towards the disabled. Unfortunately, from personal experience and harrowing national statistics, it has become all too clear that our society mistreats our most vulnerable more often than we may want to believe. With the hope I can inspire anyone, anywhere I am now sharing my video for it's intended purpose. I would be so grateful if you could take a few minutes to watch, listen and share.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 740 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • jjdd70
    jjdd70 Community member Posts: 66 Courageous
    because i have arthritis in both knees and right arm and without taking my medication i wouldn't get through the day i have a neibour that hates me because i don't work i am disabled she always says she pays for my car to which i always reply its due its servicing soon so get your money out then,
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello I had just seen the video and do understand what is happening.  Having experiences of being in a community who do not wish to be associated with anybody who in their eyes are regarded as costing the country money.  Plus also think we are not smart have a low IQ and scroungers.  I have had recently been victim of everyday insults and no one is going to take me seriously.  Unless there are changes to the laws.  People are just going to just carry on.   There are more laws for animal welfare.  Parking in places  for disabled always find someone who is not disabled parking.  Do not know what to say. Fear of reprisals.  I want to say you would like my space but do you want my disability.  I thought it became worse at the showing of 2012 Para Olympics in London and just couple weeks ago the World Paras everything was different.  Do the public think we are like that.
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Dasiydo
    Dasiydo Community member Posts: 93 Courageous
    I just watched video too but got Dyspraxia and half deaf but sadly I was called words on line and noughting got done. Even now when do Crouse in Staffordshire's I get called draf,idot and stupid and many others nastury words yes noughting get done see world don't care about disability and at wrong! I think People should appect disability and not be mean sprit and selfshire stop bullying the weekness I want give hug to all
    V.shaw

Brightness