Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Disabled People and hate crime
have recently made a video, for an A-Level project. I chose an issue incredibly close to home and with the help of my lovely Mother, sister and others I have created what I hope to be a thought provoking, relevant and informative piece. I took on the task of shedding light on perhaps society's most forgotten about hate crime, hate towards the disabled. Unfortunately, from personal experience and harrowing national statistics, it has become all too clear that our society mistreats our most vulnerable more often than we may want to believe. With the hope I can inspire anyone, anywhere I am now sharing my video for it's intended purpose. I would be so grateful if you could take a few minutes to watch, listen and share.
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 762 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.