Hi, my name is torgan381! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is torgan381!

Options
torgan381
torgan381 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
hi i am a full time multi carer i have a semi disabled husband daughter with pmg syndrome and mental health and sister with learning disabilities ,yep a hand full i know but hey thats life i always work on the theory there is someone worse off than me .
at the moment i am struggling as i feel i have failed due to my care package i have had to let my mum go into a care home and it is mentally killing me i feel really guilty as i wanted her to live with me to ,but as i have my husband and sister i could not have more .
as i dont get out much it would be great to be able to talk to others who understand how disabilities make people think you are just being ignorant or rude when u say im sorry i cant make it as u cant get back up or only have limited topics to talk about ,but anyway hello to everyone 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @torgan381

A very very big welcome from us all here !!!!!!!

My you have got your hands "full"

Please please don't feel "guilty" about your mum.

You have to do what is best for you & your other family members !!!!!

Please please "dive in" & if there is anythink that I can help you with please let me know ??????
  • torgan381
    torgan381 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    thank you Steve i really didn't think i would hear from anyone ,i know i should not feel guilty but i guess its early days as it only happened in august ,i am trying to help my sister with learning difficulties adjust to a new routine as she is now with me full time but i feel like its wrong to tell her off !!! does anyone else ever feel like this ??
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @torgan381, and welcome!

It sounds like you have a lot on your plate at the moment. Do you have any support in place for yourself? I've moved your post into our Parents and Carers category where there may be more members who can relate to your situation. You might also like to have a look at the existing discussions within that category.

Brightness