Hi, my name is clarebear1! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is clarebear1!

Options
clarebear1
clarebear1 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited November 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi just need as advice as quite angry.  I went for my sons assessment last week.  My son is mixed race.  The nurse was black american and been in the job as an assessor for 6 weeks.  I was telling him about an incident of how my sons behaviour can be unsafe, of how he got out of my car before it completely stopped and ran off down the road, for no reason.  The assessor turned round and said to my son who is 16, that he really should not have done that as him been black running from a white woman wouldn't look good and he could get into trouble.  l was sitting there is disbelieve, what a stupid thing to say from a so called professional, even my son mentioned to me outside, why did he say that.  I am so angry, l feel my concerns for the safety of my son was not taken seriously, and laughed at because of his colour.  I need advice as l want to complain, not sure how to go about it, do l have a genuine reason to complain, i'm doubting myself???   Please help....

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.