Hi, my name is CPWarrior2017! I would like to share my story. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is CPWarrior2017! I would like to share my story.

CPWarrior2017
CPWarrior2017 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited November 2017 in Cerebral palsy
Hi. My name is CPWarrior2017. I am a "CP Warrior" from the state of Texas, in the United States. I know that I am from the US, but I just found your website, and I would like to share my story. I am 25 years old and a certified elementary educator (achieved without disability help at all). I have a girlfriend who also has CP.
Because of my CP (I use a walker and crutches), I am experiencing issues getting employed as more than a substitute (I love being a substitute, but the wanting for that teacher position is really strong). Recently I had a job interview where they practically begged me to come in for an interview. They were receptive to my disability and it seemed as though they were interested in hiring me. They then said "they were going in a different direction".
I find many articles in this community to be interesting. Any advice would be helpful (both for now and future), and I look forward to contributing to the community as a whole.
I tried to do things as "normal" as possible, and only recently have come to the realization that a coalition of support in the disabled community may help me.

Comments

Brightness