Benefits advice needed
Hi all this is a long one .im disabled and my hubby is my carer . Hubby off work sick his ssp has now ran out .he gets carers now 62.00a week . I was getting esa until afew days ago .he was told to income support top up so he did . It was a joint claim he was told to do . Esa stopped cos of i s claim . Apparantly u can choose which benefit to go on its maddness .no one gave us any guidance as to what to claim whether it be income related or contrbutions based esa or income support .we get h b and c t benefit but we will be getting less than 100 a week .we have a grandchild too we bring up . No maintainence from parents .i was getting 109 a week on esa in my own right . We will be getting 159 a fortnight from next week .
- 54K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 155 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 796 Work and employment
- 589 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 291 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 687 Chronic pain and pain management
- 706 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 937 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.