ESA tribunal help! Please — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA tribunal help! Please

Options
shaunndan
shaunndan Community member Posts: 4 Listener
hi there so after a stressful 7 months of appealing against my esa decision I have finally heard back saying I am not fit for work, now what I’d like to know if any of you lovely people can help, 1 I’ve been claiming jsa whilst appealing do I cancel this or will they do this for me? 2 how long will this process take to get back on my esa? I was in the support group and have lost a fair bit of money since appeal, they scored me 0 points but have just been awarded with 21 points, also will I still be in the support group or will it be different, and will they backdate the money I have lost out on? Any help would be great thank you all xx

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi shaunndan

You should receive backdated payment to the date your benefit was stopped, minus any JSA payments received as the tribunal has remade the origional decision. Typically the DWP take 5-8 weeks to put a tribunal award into payment. It is a good idea to check that DWP have received the notice as they do mislay them at times..
    I think your decision letter should detail the group, hopefully back into SG

I am sure that others may have better /more info for you, but congrats on getting what you deserve

CR

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • shaunndan
    Options
    Thank you cockneyrebel just the case of waiting now then, I will be giving them a few days and then contacting them as only recieves the letter yesterday from tribunal to say I had won thank you for your advice 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You are very welcome
    Plese stay in touch and let us know

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • shaunndan
    Options
    Ohh wow stressed! Phoned them today yes I have won my case but been put into the wrag, I’ve been on sg, for over 4 years and now this! And they say they will reasses me in 18 months this is so unfair! 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear this @shaunndan, it sounds like this whole process has been a long and tiring situation for you! Is there anything specific we can advise you with at this point?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.