Lost my ESA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lost my ESA

Options
junethumwood
junethumwood Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I am 63 years old I've worked for 42 of them but 5 years ago I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia.and depression also I am a diabetic.  I have received a letter from the esa saying my money has stopped due to my interview and getting 0 points .I have been to jsa to sign on fit for work but my body is in constant pain. on strong meds with make me tiered.I have sent a letter to esa as I am waiting for a reply to a mandatory reconsideration as I don't feel they have taken in to consideration the impact that my illness has on everyday living

Comments

• iza
    iza Scope Member Posts: 703 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @junethumwood, sorry to here what you are going through. 
    You will meet lots of members of community who are undergoing the same process of not being underwood and received 0 point. 

Please do not give up you made the right step by sending your mandatory reconsideration. 
    With patiently and good luck. 
  • junethumwood
    junethumwood Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you for begin here to help 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi June and welcome

So sorry that you are being put through this

You have done the right thing asking for an MR
    Have you asked for a copy of the assessment report ?
    This will show you the areas that you need to challenge 

Have you applied for PIP ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @junethumwood welcome to the community, as others have said, going for a MR is the right step and hopefully they will reassess in your favour, but if they don't you can go to appeal and we have support and information for you to do that.

We have some great videos by @Debbie_Scope that you can watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67tDSlsityY
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @junethumwood,

I hope you find the videos or the transcripts helpful in appealing your ESA decision. There's lots of people going through similar battles but you found a great place here with the community to share your experiences and for support. There's always someone on hand to offer some friendly advice.

As CR has asked, are you claiming PIP? If not then this is something you should definitely consider. We've got some helpful information and we link to other resources like the PIP self-test to help you apply for PIP. You can find this on our PIP pages.

I hope all goes well with your ESA MR.

Best wishes
    Debbie
  • Tiffy1691
    Tiffy1691 Community member Posts: 27 Courageous
    Options
    Hello I'm a new member here and also had ESA stopped. I have a chronic back problem in my lower spine because my spine is not in alignment. My nerves are in a very small space and this causes problems when i move. When i walk my legs go numb so it feels like im walking on stilts. I get weird feelings like one leg is on fire and another leg feels like I've wet myself. I can't walk far before legs go numb. I take tramadol, gabapentin and paracetamol for my nerve pain.this is my worst conditiin that i am suffering. How can i work when sitting or standing or walking brings pain after a time? I am so scared that my jaw keeps clamping shut and I'm grinding my teeth.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.