A MASSIVE THANK YOU TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO CONTACTED THEIR MPS ABOUT ATOS — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

A MASSIVE THANK YOU TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO CONTACTED THEIR MPS ABOUT ATOS

crantockgirl3407
crantockgirl3407 Community member Posts: 22 Courageous
Hello you wonderful people,

I hope everyone is well. I would like to thank all the courageous people who contacted their MPS about Capita, Maximus, and Independent Assessment Services in regard to the substandard and unfair medical reports produced by them for ESA and PIP assessments. We all are aware  that these 3 companies were audited earlier this year, and the recent national audit office report on value for money from PIP and ESA medical assessments said that only 13% of assessments met the required quality standards. So in effect 6 out of 7 of the medicals they do are totally inadequate.

These 3 companies have been absolutely heartless and have inflicted so much harm and misery to disabled people with their unfair and ruthless assessors. Some of their assessors are compassionate and fair, but the majority of them are the opposite as many sick and disabled people can attest to this. Too many disabled people have been losing their benefit on the basis of poorly carried out assessments and medical evidence being ignored that is provided by claimants' GPs & Consultants.

An enquiry took place today in which these outsourcing companies were asked by MPS lots of questions regarding the quality of medical assessment reports, and they all admit that there are failings on quality reports and that it is unacceptable.

This is great news for us, because it proves all along that we were telling the truth about our assessments being substandard and unfair and the fact that these assessors do not listen to what we tell them in these interviews. I don't know where we go from here, but I would like to sincerely thank each and everyone of you who have contacted their respective MPS about this serious matter, and to also encourage you all to keep up the good work and never surrender to these bullies. The more we get our MPS involved in issues like this, the better it is for us all, and hopefully we can put an end to this relentless persecution and harassment of vulnerable and disabled people.  Well done to you all, and many thanks for reading this long post.

Comments

• wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    @crantockgirl3407 Great news at last. I am an ordinary forum member and this year changed from DLA to PIP. I have fought long and hard for justice by taking my case a little further than most in regard to the lies on my assessment report, including an action my assessor claimed I did which she completely made up. My MP is John Glen and he tried to find out from ATOS whether my assessor was qualified as I found her on Linkedin with no mention of her so called profession as a Paramedic. He also asked about a false PRN number she wrote on one of my documents. He received no answer to either of these queries. I mention this as I also took my case to ICO who regulate the Data Protection Act and they rejected it saying they couldn't see a problem. So how is that when there were blatant lies that I could prove with evidence that I also sent them. Then there are the professional bodies these assessors are registered with, or not as some claimants investigations have shown. They also refuse to make any attempt at finding out the truth of who some of them really are and will not accept cases of FTP (Fitness to Practice). So there is still a long way to go but this is a start. 
          May I ask who you represent?    
  • crantockgirl3407
    Hello @wildlife,

Thank you so much for your comments. May I first say what an absolutely brave and determined person you are for standing up to Atos and making sure that you are heard. Sadly, it appears that  Atos is still continuing to bury their heads in the sand. In an ideal and fair world, this should not have been the case at all, but we all know that there is a lot of injustice out there.

The good thing is that we have decent, honest, and courageous people like you who will do everything in their power to put something right and to also fight for justice. It was with great sadness and anger that I read your post and there is no word in the dictionary that can express my disgust for this evil and unscrupulous assessor for the lies she wrote on your assessment report.

It is pure evil to the core and she stoop lower by also lying about an action she claimed you did, which was completely untrue. She is without doubt a nasty piece of work! In my opinion I think the ICO are wrong in rejecting the issue of the false PRN number that was wriiten on one of your documents as well as the issue in question about the qualifications of this assessor.

I admire your MP John Glen, for his efforts in finding out from Atos, whether your assessor was qualified as a Paramedic. These things are very important and you definitely have got the right to know about the qualifications of this assessor and whether they are fit to practice in their so called profession or not?

The whole thing is a shambles! We are entirely at the mercy of Independent Assessment Services & their assessors as well as the other two contractors of the DWP. This is wrong and something needs to be done urgently to sort out this mess. We all know that the system is flawed and things need to be corrected as there are so many inconsistencies and assumptions as well as lies from a lot of  medical reports that are produced by these so called HCPS.

It is very demeaning in every sense of the word and is totally unjust.  I would like you to carry on doing what you are doing and never for a moment doubt that you are in the right direction because not only are you fighting to put things right, but you are also fighting for us, and for that we are very grateful & can't thank you enough for your honesty, bravery, and determination.

I am a disabled person myself and have recently been successful with an MR for my PIP application as the Atos nurse who carried out my assessment told so many lies and assumed lots of things with my daily living activities descriptors that were totally false. She also gave a short term award based on her flawed prognosis. I produced further medical evidence regarding my mobility & the case manager then awarded me the enhanced rate mobility component but ignored my arguments about how unprofessional and incompetent the HCP was and her report being flawed. My assessment by the way was paper based.

I already had the enhanced care component and in my MR for the mobility component, I also argued about the 17 measly points that were given for the daily living activities and the fact that I should have scored more because of the strong medical evidence which I already provided with my PIP2 application form as well as the fact that the medical evidence was consistent with the answers  stated in the PIP2 application form.

When I eventually got the enhanced rate mobility component which was initially rejected because of the assessor's false report, I decided to "let sleeping dogs lie, as there would not have been any point in taking the short term prognosis matter further as I was already exhausted with it and did not need any further stress." 

Thanks again @wildlife and please do not hesitate to get in touch again, should you need any help and or support from me. All the very best of luck.

• wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    @crantockgirl3407 Wow thank-you so much for your encouragement and support. We have been through a similar experience as I too had my Mobility changed at MR but actually it was a second MR the DM had offered because they knew I'd complained to ATOS as it was then. It was on condition the complaint changed anything which it didn't but I ignored that bit and rang to ask for the 2nd review they'd promised. This was agreed if I sent FME which I did and this 2nd review produced an acceptance that 46 years and up to date reports from Mental Health services was reason enough for me to need encouragement to go anywhere. Still not the right descriptor but enough points for higher rate with my mobility problems. But I still only have standard rate DL due to the lies on my report. My assessor wrote a full A4 sheet of false physical exam results some of which I never even did. This should have been compared to 2 Physio reports with strength test results 6 years apart showing the assessor to be completely wrong about my physical condition. I am 67, I've been in 5 road accidents 1 very bad and had 9 stomach ops, along with having Complex PTSD due to all this and 2 adopted boys with violent behaviour, experiences I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Yes I've lived a bit and had to fight for others in my life having worked as a carer and cared for an Aunt with Dementia for 10 years. Now it's my turn to fight for myself. They wouldn't accept I need help to step over the side of a bath despite weak leg muscles and peripheral neuropathy from a degenerating spine. I had 4 falls last year and I would like to know who will take responsibility if I fall in the bath whilst standing to shower. With poor balance, eyes closed I struggle to wash whilst holding on to a rail with 2 hands. Of course I need and have help but not according to DWP. They say I manage with aids. That would be the one rail I can't reach till I'm in position. They also said I don't need help to prepare food despite a Tribunal decision in 2010 that gave me  DLA for this activity using the same Physio report I sent to DWP along with a very recent one from Dec 2016. There's only one way to peel a carrot so their excuse of different criteria for PIP is rubbish. I also had a short timescale of only 3 years so review is due in 2 years. What a waste of money except that it gives me an opportunity to prove that I should have had higher rate DL. That this should be happening to so many who
    can't or don't have the strength to fight is disgusting beyond words. My only hope left for justice is with ICE who are over a year behind being snowed under with rejected PIP complaints. It will be August 2018 before they investigate mine. At least it will be done before my review. PM me if you want to stay in touch and I'll tell you who I am. X            
  • crantockgirl3407
    Hello again,
    @wildlife it's absolutely great to hear from you. Many thanks for your amazing post. Would like to get to know you better as I really like all your posts and very articulate and wise comments on this online community.

You are so eloquent and intelligent! I would like to PM you, but unfortunately there is no facility here to enable me to do so. Please do keep in touch. Hope you have a very pleasant weekend.

With best wishes,

crantockgirl3407

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.