We're reviewing your benefits and circumstances — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

We're reviewing your benefits and circumstances

sunblock
sunblock Community member Posts: 3 Listener
ive had a letter today with this title inviting me to an interview in dec-We're reviewing  your benefits and circumstances...What is this for and what does this mean as all they told me on the phone was to check everything is correct and my anxiety can take the wait. The letter is from the local service compliance? 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sunblock, and welcome!

Our benefits advisors are receiving a large volume of enquires at the moment, but somebody will be in touch ASAP with further information for you.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    These are not as bad as they sound. In some cases it is exactly that, to make sure that you are receiving the correct benefits.
    It is unlikely to be a serious matter as you would be invited to attend an interview under caution if that were the case
    DWP do have to follow up if they have received any information for example a change of circumstance

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • sunblock
    Hi i managed to get them to do it over the phone as it was making me ill they said HMRC flagged up i have savings when i don't based on some interest they calculated but he said i shouldn't have been called anyways when I'm on contributions based esa so savings don't count anyways. Is that right? 
  • CockneyRebel
    Glad you got it sorted, they don't realise what affect these things have on us.

Of course we all want them to investigate people that are not playing by the rules shall we say but that also means that some of us also get these calls when an overzealous clerk gets a bee in their bonnet

That sounds about right, only income affects ESA (CB)

CR
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi sunblock,

Just to confirm that the amount of savings you have does not affect contribution-based ESA so everything should be fine.

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:

• sunblock
  • Waterfall
    Waterfall Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    My father has just received one of these letters and he's just about to turn 80 !
    Naturally he's worried sick as the tone is very threatening.
    Does he REALLY have to comply ?
  • CockneyRebel
    Hi waterfall and welcome

These letters are often randomly generated. If you ring them they may tell you more

CR

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.