Job Center Bullies
Please could somebody give me some advise. I write on behalf of my 60 year old sister who has just had her benefits changed to job seekers instead of EESA. Now she has to go to the job centre and be humiliated by staff that have no idea or interest in her learning difficulty which she has had since birth. Suddenly she has been told go get a job, no training no support. They have no idea of the trauma this is causing to her . She has suffered with bullies since school mocking her disabilities and now it seems its acceptable for the job centre to do so . Please as her brother I need to know her rights, over the years her social support has disappeared and now at 60 years old she is being told job search or no benefits .
- 54.2K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5.1K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 157 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 800 Work and employment
- 591 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 293 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.8K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 688 Chronic pain and pain management
- 708 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 939 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.