I went for my esa medical assessment and only got 9 points so it was stopped. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I went for my esa medical assessment and only got 9 points so it was stopped.

Hawkwind
Hawkwind Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi there everyone, I went for my esa medical assessment and only got 9 points so it was stopped. I was then told that while my mandatory reconsideration was being considered I should apply for universal credit which I did. Now,  today at my universal credit appointment I was told my reconsideration was unsuccessful and was told that esa no longer exists (even though my partner and her daughter are on esa so how can it not exist) so what happens if I take it to tribunal now, would I go back on esa (bearing in mind it no longer exists) or would I be on universal credit and if so is there a component that caters for people that can't work at all? And how much would I get please? Would it be the same as what I was getting on esa? Thanks 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Hawkwind and welcome

Have you requested the assessment report ?
    If your appeal is successful you should go back on ESA
    Under UC I belive there are two groups for people that cannot work, LCW and LCWRA
    Try putting your details into the on line benefit calculator for an indication

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Hawkwind
    Hi Cockneyrebel, thanks for the welcome. No, I haven't asked for the assessment report yet but plan to do that on Monday. So while I'm waiting for a tribunal to take place, in the meantime on universal credit should I be put in the LCW bit or LCWRA bearing in mind I'm unfit to do any work and have handed a sick note in from my doctor? What do you think? 
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Hawkwind

Good Evening!!!!!!!

I’m so sorry to hear that you are having such trouble with your benefits.

We have got a Benefit Calculator here on our website.

https://www.scope.org.uk/support/disabled-people/calculate-benefits

Please please let me know if I can help you further?????
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Trying to guess a group is nigh on impossible
    LCW is Limited Capability for Work
    LCWRA is Limited Capability for Work and work Related Activity

Have you sent in your appeal request ?
    You normally have a month from the date of your decision letter but bear in mind the post at this time of year

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Hawkwind
    No, I haven't put in for the appeal/tribunal yet, will do on Monday. Thanks for the info, will let you know how it goes 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.