Pip PA4 RECEIVED — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip PA4 RECEIVED

punk
punk Community member Posts: 21 Connected
Hi, 
I currently receive PIP standard rate since 2015.
Ive just had my reassesment.
When i received my original award i went the process to appeal as i felt my assesment was full of lies & assumptions contradicting the evidence provided. I was going to go to tribunal but it caused me to have a mental breakdown so i withdrew my appeal the day before it was going to court.
So this brings me to now, i had my assesment on 24/11, i received the assesment report & to my surprise it was actually truthful & a fair reflection of my problems. Although he missed off some of my meds & incorrect dosages on others. The HCP has scored me 18 for DL & 16 for M. This is around what i should have scored 1st time round.  
I just spoken to DWP & they said it will be 6 weeks before i hear anything as my case is in a Q.
Im now very worried that the DM will downgrade my points as i ticked mainly no changes on the review form. 
This waiting is causing me all sorts of health problems through the stress. 
Do the DM usually overule the HCP report? 
Is the wait really 6 weeks. It says 3 weeks on the phone line. 
Does any one have any thoughts or advice this wait is killing me. 

Thanks. 

Punk. 

Comments

• punk
    My previous assesment i scored 11 DL & 8 M, when it went to MR they actually took points off me luckily it didnt affect my award, im so paranoid they going to do it again. 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello punk and welcome

The norm is 2-4 weeks for a decision following an assessment but take into account the time of year and 6 weeks may be what it takes
    It is unusual for a DM to go against the HCP report as DM's have no medical knowledge

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • punk
    Thank you for your reply & kind welcome. 

I hope you are right dont think i have the strength to fight them again. 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    And many HCPs have no medical knowledge to speak of, either.  Mine was a paramedic.  
  • punk
    This guy was a nurse, he'd had some experience of one of my conditions as he'd had it himself. 
  • Matilda
    Though it's a hassle, it's worth going all the way to tribunal.  Tribunal awarded me enhanced both elements, up from standard both elements.  65% of appeals succeed.
  • punk
    It would be more than a hassle to me, i physically couldnt do it which is why i dropped my case last time. 
  • Matilda
    Hope you get the award indicated.  As CR says, usually the DM just rubber-stamps the HCP's recommendation.
  • punk
    Thanks Matilda. 
    Just wish they would hurry up. 
    Going to have this hanging over me until i get the letter. 
    Havnt slept properly for weeks. ☹
  • punk
    Hi All, 

I thought id post an update. 

Ive just called PIP, my decision was made yesterday. Ive been awarded Enhanced for both components. 

Just wanted to say that not all the HCP are bad. Its seems mine was very fair & ive got the award i deserve. 

It really does seem its luck of the draw whether you get a decent one or not. 

I can now relax over Xmas & can now think about reducing my hours at work which will he a big help & hopefully improve my health. 

Punk. 
  • Matilda
    Very pleased to hear your good news, @punk!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.