anxiety agoraphobia depression — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

anxiety agoraphobia depression

stevek84
stevek84 Community member Posts: 24 Connected
edited December 2017 in Mental health and wellbeing
hello. i have been in contact with mental health this year following my GP finding signs of abuse i was told early on (feb) that id be getting a support worker help me get out the house away from abuse etc a month later i called back in crisis to ask what had happened to support worker the same lady (as feb) visited me and said wjy not wait for my dad ro die for abuse to stop this was in reply to my query of support worker i asked for mediatoon mediation councilling but all were refused it was repeated you wont have long to wait with your dads health and then you will get the flat? i am now in december left as an excluded ocxupier in my fathers flat as he gave up tenancy and i due to health (phys/mental) have been unable to leave and mental health have not privided and wo t be providing supoort worker or councilling and due to my currwnt housing situation i need that support and due to effexts of abuse for 30 years need some councilling also. any advice i know its complex. sorry

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @stevek84
    I am so sorry to hear about your struggles, as you say, this is very complex and so would you rather speak to our Scope helpline about your difficulties? You can call them on 0808 800 3333
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • stevek84
    hello sam i have been in contact with debbie but not much cN be done my internet is now been cit off making things harder as it was only way i could look at properties as it was now i am out of options. thankyou for your advice though. much appreciated. steve
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    The problem with Mental Health is that they do not have much by way of funding nor do the have reasonable staffing levels. Even if they had these they really have little authority to help or get things done.

I understand how these affect you as I have suffered Agoraphobia for 10 years, Anxiety for 7 years and Panic attacks for 5 years. It is an awful combination to deal with without help.

Perhaps the Citizens Advice Bureau might be able to help you.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • stevek84
    yes its been poor that way but condoning abuse and suggesting i wait for my abuser to die for abuse to stop isnt so much a budget or funding/staffing issue. i do understand that side of it things are tight for everyone.
    yes it certainly hasnt helped the anxiety depression and in turn my bowel issues etc oh you suffer very similar to me for a similar period of time to and many don't undersrand the impact that it has on the body not just the mental but physical and they also dont understand that its not that you dont want to go out do things live your life because you do (well i do) but u cant without feeling bad the sweats shakes the panic attacks nausia and the pain it causes its exhausting too always sleepy after a bad attack. your right its a nasty thing to have very limiting. i have contected CAB and many others little success, thanks for the suport TK much appreciated.
  • happy55Bunny
    happy55Bunny Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hi stevek84 I have only joined the site yesterday and by looking on to it there are many of us who suffer the same things ..... it’s not your fault about the abuse... don’t blame yourself... you are a survivor .. keep strong and keep going if you need to talk I’m hear nice to meet you 
  • stevek84
    thankYou happy bunny and welcome yes many here have similar experiences and offer advice support if/when they can. i appreciate your kind words and support. and equally so if i can help or just listen even feel free to message me 

thanks again i really needed this kindness right now thankyou. 

steve
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Just saying hi, @stevek84. How are you?
    Richard
    @JennysDad
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @twistdloca and a warm welcome to the community. Sorry I could not get back to you sooner.
    I am deeply troubled by your story and hope that we may find ways to help you. For the moment, I have referred your post to our administrators in the hope that they can find the best people to help you.
    Here for you, doing what I can,
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
    @JennysDad
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Have you tried your local cab, local charitable mental health groups or local council/ housing associations?  Many of these have access to welfare rights too. Good luck
  • twistdloca
    twistdloca Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    @JennysDad
    Thanks for reading my post. For now my 21yr old daughter, her partner n my grandson has agreed to stay with me. This is great but a short term resolution. I'm still going to try find help n am on the housing list to move but have been told this could still be a very long process.
    Thank you again for your support
  • twistdloca
    twistdloca Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    @debbiedo49
    Thanks for your message
    Was under mental health most of last year n was discharged in January. At that time I was staying with my eldest daughter n family, n moved back to my property in February.
    I'm also on the housing list for a move which I've been told could take a very long while.
    Due to my anxiety I can't leave my flat so I'm finding outside help very hard.
    Thank you again for your support

Brightness