NHS Work Disability Employment Standard — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

NHS Work Disability Employment Standard

Options
SUZIA
SUZIA Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited December 2017 in Work and employment
Hi, can anyone help me with trying to understand or find out any info on this new standard which is supposed to be included in the new NHS contract. I really could do with some advice on how this is supposed to work. I have tried multiple avenues within the NHS with no result. I saw on twitter that scope has been involved and would be grateful for any help. I am a employee of the NHS and being affected I believe at work by them not having correct procedures in place for staff with disabilities. Can you help? Kind Regards 

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There is some information about the standards here that you can read through. They say:

The NHS Equality and Diversity Council (EDC) has taken another pivotal step to advance equality within the NHS. The Council has recommended that a Workforce Disability Equality Standard (WDES) should be mandated via the NHS Standard Contract in England from April 2018, with a preparatory year from 2017-18.

If you are having issues at work, have you spoken to your management or HR?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • EmilyH2023
    EmilyH2023 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    I work in a hospital so feel free to message me 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,331 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I work in a hospital so feel free to message me 
    This thread is 5 years old and the member hasn’t returned to scope in all that time. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness