PIP Health Professional — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Health Professional

pumkin
pumkin Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited December 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA

Hi I'm new on here and am looking for advise. My daughter has a learning disability and epilepsy since birth, she is now 41years.

We have recently completed forms for ESA and PIP (had been invited to apply as she is on DLA)and have now received 3 appointments.

1.  An appointment at Jobcentre about changes that may affect her benefit payments on 15 December

2.  Appointment for assessment with a healthcare professional at home address on 18 December

3.  Appointment from Capita with a healthcare professional for face to face appointment on 21 December

All these within 10 days, is this normal, and is the home appointment and the face to face at Capita not the same. 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi pumpkin and welcome

ESA and PIP are different benefits and use different criteria for an award, although they do seem to have elements in common, which is why there is a need for two assessments. It is unusual to have such close grouping

It is important, especially for PIP to understand the points system, descriptors and the criteria for an award  which is different to DLA, PIP is more about functionality rather than condition
    A good place to start is the B&W self test

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @pumkin, I hope your appointments are going well. Do let us know how you get on!
  • jaycee6
    jaycee6 Community member Posts: 52 Courageous
    Hi pumkin how did your daughters   face to face go with pips. My 21 year old with learning difficulties has her face to face for pip  next week.Were you allowed to speak up for your daughter.  did your daughter understand the questions  Im dreading it as i dont know what to expect,

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.