pip award — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip award

Wheelability1234
Wheelability1234 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
Hello. Received Pip award. Happy with overall award but feel that the points scored were very low in each area and is not a true reflection of the severity or impact of condition. Also some questions, no points were not allocated for questions that it was clearly stated there were significant issues! Also clearly written on the form.
We know that challenging points scores won't alter the result as received enhanced mobility and care. However, we were shocked at the low scores and the fact that the final score was 15 for daily living. This does not reflect the severity of disability.We feel that a lot of information was ignored and higher points should have been allocated. It is an ongoing award but although happy with the final outcome, it does not reflect information on the form or at f2f assessment. Is it better to leave the award as it is as it is enhanced anyway? Has anybody else experienced this? I would imagine most would leave it as it is .  Just angry and upsetting that the points score for each section is so low.
Thanks

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi

Congrats on getting the award you deserve. The points issue is not uncommon, they stop scoring when they know that you will receive enhanced both as no higher award can be made.
    To challenge it you are risking losing points so best advice is to accept an get on with life as best you can. Even an ongoing award can be reveiwed at any time, there is some talk that it will still be three years even for an on going award
    Merry christmas and happy new year

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • spire2003
    spire2003 Community member Posts: 20 Connected
    My wife got her decision letter yesterday & to be honest I feel exactly the same as you. She too got enhanced on both parts, also ongoing. As with yourself the points scoring did not reflect form or f2f, but as CockneyRebel suggests leave well alone !! That’s what we are doing.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    My tribunal panel stopped scoring my daily living points at 13 even though I think more points were due.

@CockneyRebel - my award letter, dated a year ago approx, states that I have an ongoing onward and will be contacted by DWP after Oct 2026.  Is this not true?  And another member has reported that their award letter dated Nov 2017 states that they will be contacted after Nov 2027. 

This is important so I'll ask in Ask a benefits advisor.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Any award can be reviewed at any time as we have alll found out with three year awards being reviewed after two years. I hope that the ongoing awards will indeed be that ( generally thought to actually be 10 years with a nine year review ) But There is some chatter and without scaremongering it is something to be aware of.

I wish you all a merry Christmas and a happy new year

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you, @CockneyRebel.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi all,

Just to agree with CR, there is no point in disputing the amount of points awarded if you have still got enhanced rates for both components. You have nothing to gain and plenty to lose, so don't do it!

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:

• Wheelability1234
    Wheelability1234 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Thanks everyone. Merry Christmas and a happy new year

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.