Depression, Sleep and Memory Problems - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Depression, Sleep and Memory Problems

2»

Comments

• Jazzguitar
    Jazzguitar Community member Posts: 180 Courageous
    \\\\\\you are all great. Happy new year. Neville
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Jazzguitar Thank you Please can I add do not get worked up and anxious over not getting sleep and the other things you mentioned.  No one is perfect.  I just want to say we as a community understand what you are going through.  I am sure it will come eventually and you have the added advantage of this forum.  I have walked a mile in your shoes and still am.  Lovely to meet you and please keep in touch.  How you are doing?
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Jazzguitar
    edited January 2018
    Not too bad. My heater has gone off. I will call EDF energy today. I am still very forgetful Neville
  • thespiceman
    Hello @Jazzguitar Thank you for reply.  Please can I stress you have sent your E mail Address in your post.   Please do not enclose Email Address might get into trouble and I do not wish to see that.  You need some help and I am the sort of old fashioned Gentleman that needs friends like myself.  Made so many do not want to lose any one here because you sent Email with your blog or thread as they call it.  Big tip I have anxiety have forgetful days keep diary page a day .  Use this for planning everything.  From Household duties to shopping days everything really.  Lost with out it.  Need one.  Had no diary last few days terrible reminders all over place.  New one last week. Start to use today already planning new week.  Helps you know not I hope interfering.  Best wishes take care nice to talk to you.
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • thespiceman
    Hello @Jazzguitar   Please can I add I lie in the arms of angels when I sleep who play with my hair.  Even I can sometimes have not too good sleep.  Especially last night into this morning.  New Year Blues or something.  So even myself can not get it right everytime.  Wandering around house till early hours.  Hope that is a comfort.
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • Jazzguitar
    \\\\\\\thank you. Apologies   for giving my email. I am very forgetful and I cannot sleep. I spent all Christmas 2017 and New Year 2008 Alone. Neville in Plymouth Devon
  • thespiceman
    Hello @Jazzguitar Hope you OK. Please can I say am in same on own.  Thank you for this forum over Christmas period.  I am trying to give you some help and support.  I am here to listen give yourself time.  I find every one giving me great advice and love and lots of support.  I find this forum giving me the tools to do the things I can cope with.  I hope and pray you get the same.  We as a community support each other as I have been aware of since joining.  The help is there it is up to you make a decision.  It is hard to deal with I know.  So many people advising you on how to deal with your problems.  I would have never got this from any where else.  Please take care my friend lovely to talk to you am here any time.  I will look out for you.  Best wishes
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • Jazzguitar
    edited January 2018
    Grea!!! Do you know anything about NHS hearing aids?  I spent all Christmas 2018 alone and very depressed. 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Neville

I have NHS hearing aids.
    I went to my GP who refered me to the NHS provider ( Specsavers in my area )
    It took a couple of weeks for the appointment to come through.
    They did a full hearing test and fitted me with good quality hearing aids and adjusted them to my needs. I have three settings one for when in quiet place , one for driving and one for crowded place. They gave me a supply of batteries and any more they give me for free. If I need further adjustments I just make an appointment, I did have the volume turmed up after about a year

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • thespiceman
    Hello @Jazzguitar   I do know I should wear one.  I have problems finding one to fit.  Have genetic disorder.  Problem is two clinics in the county one only in a town I do wish to go to.  I was glad to leave and do not want to go back.  Other clinic will not open and only open if have to.  Due to NHS funding.  The best option is look on web.  NHS website have a look.  See Doctors.  The other thing can pay for all sorts of models and types.  All about money.  You can pay all the money you want but if it not what says on the tin.  Wont work.  Best is NHS. I would suggest speak to SCOPE got advisor I believe.  Sorry you are depressed how can I help.?  Remember am the same.  Not good same as you over holiday.  Please can I ask?  Should have come on this forum.  Was here every day got great support and whole new friends.  Got me through it.   I know you are forgetful  I can help remind me of some one I used to know.  So am I by way, the same.  I need to tell you am here, plus if you can you are ill.  I understand that.  A lot of this is the depression, mental health and the lack of sleep.  I understand all that.  Please can I suggest if you keep saying what you are and it goes around in your head it is like a continuous record.  Tell me if I am wrong.  I get this all the time as well.  Read my blogs, pieces and threads some days can not get it out fast tip.  Use this. forum to air grievances, issues, problems.  If I did not have this I would be very ill.  So please use this I am here to listen, sorry long thread blog or whatever.  My lovely support worker who I do not have now.  Said to me to do this use somewhere to write down your thoughts.  So the lovely, amazing people of this forum have to share my feelings, emotions and the rest.  It is helping.  Hope to speak to you soon and I hope you are taking lots of advice from people from this forum on board.  I know I am and it is great fantastic, thank you all.
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • Jazzguitar
    Thanks for all your advice. Much better than I get from my GP Neville
  • bevvyp
    bevvyp Community member Posts: 42 Connected
    Acknowledgement of you're pain is important, this page and everyone on it are the reason I'm still here, I'm dory you were alone over Christmas, an awful time to feel lonely X hopefully you will find dome comfort from all these lovely people xx
  • Jazzguitar
    Thank you for your advice. Neville 
  • Jazzguitar
    Thank you all I will email my GP Neville
  • thespiceman
    Hello @Jazzguitar How are you?  I have not spoken for a while to you.  Hope you are OK

Here to listen, talk, debate chat anything you wish.  I do know reading from your posts regarding your health.

I hope you are getting support and just let you know am here with the rest of the community if you need to discuss anything.

Take care great to speak to you
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • Jazzguitar
    Thank you for all you help. 

Brightness