What to do with my not needed odd shoes lol — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What to do with my not needed odd shoes lol

Options
emja77
emja77 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi,  I was born with Moebius Syndrome,  and as part of this is that both my feet did not form properly.  I am now a 40 year old women, who wears childrens size shoes,  UK size 11 and 13.  This is quite recent that have started wearing/buying normal shoes,  have been wearing NHS boots all my life,  any way am trying to find out what I can do with the odd left and right shoes,  anyone have any ideas??

Comments

• Neil2017
    Neil2017 Community member Posts: 155 Courageous
    Options
    Hi @emja77
    Welcome to the forums.

You could try selling your old shoes or boots on websites like eBay, Amazon Marketplace, etc. You try selling at a car boot sale if you have access to one of these ie to a vehicle. Or you could donate them to charity if useable. Scope has many charity shops dotted around.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi emja and welcome

If I am right, you have to buy two pairs of shoes in different sizes and you are left with a mixed size pair of brand new ones that you cannot wear.

obviously you are looking for someone that has mirror image feet to you, which is not going to be easy

One possibility I have thought of is, maybe a peadiatric amputee hospital could use them

I hope our members will be able to think of other ideas

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @emja77 and welcome to the community.

Are you creative or into gardening? Could you create something new by rethinking how you could use them? 

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• emja77
    emja77 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Haaa haaa,  a plant pot was mentioned at one point,  but that was years ago when I asked for my NHS boots to be made to look more like trainers,  I saw the same guy at the hospital for years and he opened the box, and before showing me started laughing and actually said well they could be good plant pots lol
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Oh, very good ideas @georginamorris! What would you choose?  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Wibbles
    Wibbles Community member Posts: 1,595 Pioneering
    Options
    You may like to donate your odd shoes HERE
  • littleacorn
    littleacorn Community member Posts: 368 Pioneering
    Options
    When I was younger, now being in my 60's, used to wear NHS shies as I had odd sized feet. In my teens I could not stand the look of them anymore so bought shoes from the shop. The smaller shoe I stuffed with toilet roll to make sure it did not fall off. A few years ago I needed some shoes as I was finding the shop ones too heavy for my feet so approached the NHS again. When thet arrived I was horrified when I opened them. Firstly they had made one with a build up on the outside that was far too high and they were even worse looking than I could remember so I put them in the bin. Yes I know it was a waste of money and probablt alot but honestly if they asked themselves if they would wear them then the answer would be NO WAY!  Why do they look so ugly or do they think disabled people should just "put up  and shut up"

Brightness