Disabled people
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

What to do with my not needed odd shoes lol

emja77emja77 Member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi,  I was born with Moebius Syndrome,  and as part of this is that both my feet did not form properly.  I am now a 40 year old women, who wears childrens size shoes,  UK size 11 and 13.  This is quite recent that have started wearing/buying normal shoes,  have been wearing NHS boots all my life,  any way am trying to find out what I can do with the odd left and right shoes,  anyone have any ideas??

Replies

• Neil2017Neil2017 Member Posts: 156 Courageous
    Hi @emja77
    Welcome to the forums.

You could try selling your old shoes or boots on websites like eBay, Amazon Marketplace, etc. You try selling at a car boot sale if you have access to one of these ie to a vehicle. Or you could donate them to charity if useable. Scope has many charity shops dotted around.
  • CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,257 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi emja and welcome

If I am right, you have to buy two pairs of shoes in different sizes and you are left with a mixed size pair of brand new ones that you cannot wear.

obviously you are looking for someone that has mirror image feet to you, which is not going to be easy

One possibility I have thought of is, maybe a peadiatric amputee hospital could use them

I hope our members will be able to think of other ideas

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • GeoarkGeoark Member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,375 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @emja77 and welcome to the community.

Are you creative or into gardening? Could you create something new by rethinking how you could use them? 

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• emja77emja77 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Haaa haaa,  a plant pot was mentioned at one point,  but that was years ago when I asked for my NHS boots to be made to look more like trainers,  I saw the same guy at the hospital for years and he opened the box, and before showing me started laughing and actually said well they could be good plant pots lol
Sign in or join us to comment.