Appearance - Page 5 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Appearance

1235»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 215 Listener
    Thankyou for that info just helped a lot If just collected my mum's care plan fror mental health  now I know to post  a copy to DWP thankyou and i wish you the best of luck @freckles you can now ring them and ask for a copy of what your assessor said and hopefully it will give you an idea of what could be the result .again good luck.
  • freckles
    freckles Community member Posts: 258 Pioneering
    Yes the assessor told me about the letters i sent to the dwp my partner asked her why  had i been called for an early assesement as my pip was given to me till sept 2018 she said the dwp have been doing a lot of that lately and she could,nt understand why but said she would look into it bit late for me now though like i said you can have as much evidence as you want but it depends whether the assessor puts the truth down or if the dwp decision maker is in a good mood 
  • freckles
    freckles Community member Posts: 258 Pioneering
    I think enough paper evidence i.e. doctors letters consultants letters phychatric letters and all other medical evidence should surfice the dwp instead of wasting money having these assesements its like your telling your whole medical history to a complete stranger
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    I got fed up going over my disabilities five times:  PIP claim form, f2f, MR request, appeal form, tribunal hearing.
  • janice_in_wonderland
    janice_in_wonderland Community member Posts: 265 Pioneering
    @Matilda
    Do you mean 5 times you applied
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello Everybody I have been reading all your posts.  I hope assessments went well.  One of the big issues especially with myself and my own health history.  Since claiming benefits I got letters from DWP constantly on and off since 1995 which I first claimed for.  Then I would get reviewed all the time. nearly every 18 months.  The anxiety and the rest of my mental state would be in a flux because you would be told fit to work.  Another appeal then unfit to work.  The roundabout continued till last year.  Some times I be on a benefit for most I believe is about 2 years then the fear of a phone call and the forms.  Only last year went to assessment with support worker and the charity did not realise this was continuing all the time.  I am and thought every body went through this.  Not until I was talking to people I had met on various course and forums.  There is some thing wrong with the system where you know in your self you are yes disabled and mentally ill.  Yet the medical profession and the DWP. JSA keep thinking you are in their eyes fit.  I do believe a long time ago there is a conspiracy around people like myself and others.  Time and money wasted trying to get me into employment wasted.  My fear is that now continuing assessment into late fifties and early sixties.  As this has been going on too long.  My fantastic support worker at the time sent a letter in stating the facts.  Why are you reviewing, assessing this gentleman when you know and he knows himself he will never to work.  Not because he wants he did at one time but now he is being eroded by this system of failure and constantly effecting mental health.  This does not mean to be frightening but you must understand every body you can be assessed anytime.  Just because you may have won today does not mean you will win tomorrow.  I apologise for being abrupt.  Five times is nothing.  One hopes and prays for you all.  Lovely to talk to you all.  That is why I send messages of support for those who succeed in getting the right amount and getting somewhere.  I do hope you all understand my worries.  Thank you all take care
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • sue66
    sue66 Community member Posts: 124 Pioneering
    Well said, as you say because you won today doesn't mean you will tomorrow. I agree its pointless making people go through this who clearly have illnesses whether mental or physical having to keep going through seeing different assessors every 3 yrs or less that are never going to improve. Theresa May so i was told actually said this her self so who's not listening and acting on this ? The thought of having to be re assessed until one reaches retirement age when they cant make you go on JSA is dreadful.  At least us who are over 65 haven't this threat over us and have our state pension to survive on though those losing their mobility cars for many is leaving them housebound and having to give up their own means of carrying on with their life losing their cars.
    Yes thespiceman we def understand your worries.  
  • Matilda
    edited January 2018
    @janice_in_wonderland

No, five times during one PIP application process, from claim form to appeal hearing.   Having to go over the some material five times for one application, until finally I won my appeal.
  • thespiceman
    Hello @Matlida Congratulations on winning your appeal.  I understand it must have been annoying for you to go over medical history and the rest.  I have had similar as I said this morning.  I got to one appeal got so sick of it constantly repeating the same length of  time wasting saying the same stuff.   I wrote all out and photocopied it when asked gave them a copy .  Please can you read this.  What you say they argue but I stuck to my principles and told them easy for you to see written down, can not talk not very good.  Which is true.  Plus I had written it out not typed.  Points against me Oh you can type, fit to work.  Which has happened in the early days of assessments.  In those early days would check that you are on Facebook.  Although now I say use computer for interacting with people.  Find social situations hard and difficult.  Can set of anxiety which is true.  More acceptance now.  Use to keep in touch.  Won that appeal.  So as I say best wishes and hope things work out.  By way my story is not the exception but coming very common now.  This government making mockery of it all now. That is the big problems coming around the corner  Such as the PIP and the loss of peoples motobility. I hope to speak to you soon.
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • janice_in_wonderland
    edited January 2018
    Majority are having to go through the 5 stages and no guarantees they will be awarded any at all so well done to those who qualify but it doesnt end there as the same process may have to be repeated several times unless it's indefinite 
  • Matilda
    edited January 2018
    @thespiceman

Thank you.  PIP is a test of stamina and nerve; the DWP hope most people won't stay the course, and some don't.  Many times before the hearing I thought of withdrawing my appeal, right up until the day before, because the whole process was just so stressful,  I'm pleased I didn't give up because the tribunal awarded me enhanced both elements, up from standard both elements.
  • janice_in_wonderland
    @Matilda

Well done for going ahead and succeeding 
  • Matilda
  • thespiceman
    Hello @Matlida Thank you for reply.  You should never give up in your battle to get what you need and require.  This is the problem with the process.  Make it so hard that you have to give up.  Trust me bet you are glad to get what you got now.  I had these appeals so many as I said that I have to know if I went and said my piece.  Then is one nil to me not them. The energy spent and the agony is exhausting and tiring but if you succeed great.   Hope to speak to you soon take care
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    I haven't been through PIP yet so cannot comment on it other than what is general knowledge. To get DLA I had to apply 3 times spread over 4 years. Each time I had to go to appeal and the last time got the appeal result thrown out and got a fourth appeal. Finally I was given what I believe to be the correct award. However, as it at that point expected me to go through PIP soon after, was only given a 2 year award. I had to go through another assessment 2 years later which, due to the mess PIP was in, was made indefinite. I have heard nothing since but I think all the rest of the benefits I got was based on the award.

As far as the constant bothering people goes. I suspect that it depends on why and what the award was given for. A lot of conditions can improve over time, especially MH ones. So I figure that these conditions are checked on as they may have improved. Whilst mine was difficult to get because it is unique it is also unable to change except to get worse. So, once I had finally made them understand, they know that they only thing that might happen if they reassess is that the award might increase, so they leave me well alone.

This is only a theory but it seems to fit most of the stories.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • janice_in_wonderland
    Hi @Topkitten

well done persevering & successful result 

My Tribunal is at the end o for the month - I'm going in with your determination too 

thank you for sharing 

happy new year! 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.