face 2 face assessment x 2 Please Help ?? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

face 2 face assessment x 2 Please Help ??

Options
Traceydee
Traceydee Community member Posts: 9 Listener
hi i had a f2f on 7th December - rec the report from the assessment yesterday 
Today received a letter saying i have another assessment f2f on the 17th jan
i have tried to ring them ( as iv already had one ) but with it being saturday there not there .....Is this normal to have 2 f2f meetings ? x

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Tracey

Is this PIP or ESA ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    TraceydeeTraceydee.

As CR says, it's possible it's two separate assessments, one for PIP and one for ESA (the work capability assessment, which can also happen in UC).

I would ring and check, just in case - if it is the same assessment company, then it is likely to be the same benefit, and no, it is not normal to have two assessments. They do make mistakes, so I would ring to find out.

If they say that you do need to attend on 17th January for the same benefit then ask why. I would advise that you go (because otherwise benefit can stop) but it might be worth making a complaint if they really are insisting you go twice!

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.