Universal Credit question — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Universal Credit question

larksmith
larksmith Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited January 2018 in Universal Credit (UC)
I am a carer for my disabled husband. He receives PIP(previously DLA) and his State Pension (previously ESA) and we are worried that when Universal Credit is applied he will lose the PIP and therefore his Motability vehicle. Does anyone know if this is the case?

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @larksmith

Good Evening & a very big Welcome to you this evening.

We can tackle this two ways if that would help????

1. I’m very happy in looking into this for you???

2. We have got a  “Benefit Advisory Service” here on our site.

(But they only work Mon-Friday for one hour per day)

Please please let me know how you feel?????? 
  • larksmith
    Thanks Steve51 I should be grateful if you could help me yourself!
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    hello larksmith and welcome

Rest assured UC has nothing to do with state pension or PIP. As long as your husband meets the criteria for PIP his award will continue

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi@larksmith Good morning!!!! I have found some info from on the government website. https://www.gov.uk/universal-credit Please please let me know if you have any problems/questions????
  • larksmith
    Hi Steve51, thank you. I have looked at the link you suggested but as we had had contradictory information from a friend, I still wasn't sure what to believe and as we are due to order a new Motability car doom, didn't want to go to a lot of trouble,only to lose it again. My husband has now spoken to someone in the PIP department who assured him that Universal Credit does not affect PIP, only secondary benefits.
    Thank you again for your help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.