Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Universal Credit question
I am a carer for my disabled husband. He receives PIP(previously DLA) and his State Pension (previously ESA) and we are worried that when Universal Credit is applied he will lose the PIP and therefore his Motability vehicle. Does anyone know if this is the case?
- 54.1K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5.1K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 156 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 797 Work and employment
- 589 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 292 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 688 Chronic pain and pain management
- 707 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 938 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.