Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Want to give us your opinion? Complete our annual survey.

PIP refused my claim.

Philo1961Philo1961 Member Posts: 4 Listener
I have been getting PIP for about 2-3 years. I suffer with epilepsy, depression,ibs, virtigo, had 5 mini strokes. I was getting £88 per week, dropped to £55, per wk, I have waited since october for them to make a dissension to see if they will give me daily living component. I have been asking for 3 months. No joy. Phoned them last thursday to find that they have stopped my pip altogether.
They said there is letter in post saying why? I will ask for them to reconsider. Do you think that i have any chance of getting back my pip? Need some help please.

Replies

• Sam_AlumniSam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,731 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Philo1961
    You can appeal the decision and we have some videos that explain how to go about doing that.

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • PjDayPjDay Member Posts: 9 Listener
    Never give up! Options: 1) Go the MR then independent Tribunal - 65% win at this stage because it is independent of DWP targets and is better funded. MRs cost the DWP £40, whilst Tribunals £100 (centrally funded). Get Citizen's Advice or other charities to help with the forms. Make sure your NHS paper trail is up to date - GPs letters of support and Care Plans should be sent in. 

2) Or you could reapply once you have gathered NHS evidence to support your claims and make a NEW claim which would be quicker. I would do this, less stressful. 
Sign in or join us to comment.