PIP refused my claim. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

PIP refused my claim.

Philo1961 Member Posts: 4 Listener
I have been getting PIP for about 2-3 years. I suffer with epilepsy, depression,ibs, virtigo, had 5 mini strokes. I was getting £88 per week, dropped to £55, per wk, I have waited since october for them to make a dissension to see if they will give me daily living component. I have been asking for 3 months. No joy. Phoned them last thursday to find that they have stopped my pip altogether.
They said there is letter in post saying why? I will ask for them to reconsider. Do you think that i have any chance of getting back my pip? Need some help please.


  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,673 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Philo1961
    You can appeal the decision and we have some videos that explain how to go about doing that.

    Senior online community officer
  • PjDay
    PjDay Member Posts: 9 Listener
    Never give up! Options: 1) Go the MR then independent Tribunal - 65% win at this stage because it is independent of DWP targets and is better funded. MRs cost the DWP £40, whilst Tribunals £100 (centrally funded). Get Citizen's Advice or other charities to help with the forms. Make sure your NHS paper trail is up to date - GPs letters of support and Care Plans should be sent in. 

    2) Or you could reapply once you have gathered NHS evidence to support your claims and make a NEW claim which would be quicker. I would do this, less stressful. 


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.