Hello, I only just found you — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello, I only just found you

eleanorhippy
eleanorhippy Community member Posts: 17 Connected
Hello, I only just found you just before the end of December 2017. It is nice to know you are there.I don't know anything what you do. I need help but would like to help others as well. I live in Llanelli at the moment but am waiting for an Over 55 flat in Carmarthenshire or Swansea.

Comments

• eleanorhippy
    Hello, I only just found you before the end of December. I don't know what you do yet. I need help but would like to help others as well. I live in Llanelli at the moment but am waiting for an Over 55 flat in Carmarthenshire or Swansea at the moment.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @eleanorhippy

It’s great to meet you this evening.

You will find the online community very very active.

Please please have a good look around.

Please please let me know if I can help you further???
  • eleanorhippy
    Thanks so much Steve. I have been very ill for a week. Sorry but the world has shrunk to my home and tv and my visit to the doctor and shop like mirages. I will look around your site when I am better but is there anywhere I can go for help or company in Llanelli? Thank you so much for replying.
  • eleanorhippy
    I am not sure where I put my post Steve so here it is again, it won't let me send it. I have been very ill for a week. Sorry, but the world has shrunk to my home and tv. My visit to the doctor and shop seem like mirages. I will look around your site when I am better but is there anywhere in Llanelli I can go for help or company. Thank you for replying.
  • steve51
    Hi @eleanorhippy

Many thanks !!!!!!

Yes I got your post fine !!!!

Here’s some info for you:

http://www.llanelli-mind.org.uk/

Please please let me offer my “services” for “help & support” ??????

• eleanorhippy
    Sorry, they are only interested in mental disabilities. I use a wheelchair and cannot afford a taxi there and back, bring it in or leave it outside (it would block the path and could get  Stolen ) Inside there are stairs to the social part, which I cannot do. I asked for help with my PIP form and they rudely turned me down flat as I could not go up to their office. They told me clearly that it was only for mentally disabled people. I have been told by others who have this problem. 
  • eleanorhippy
    Sorry this is grumpy and I do realise you are trying to help. I am 63 and the only other place people have told me about is Age Concern. This is utterly impossible without a car. There is a big place just round the corner from me which offers everything I would need but it cuts off at 60.
  • steve51
    Hi @eleanorhippy

I’m so sorry that they aren’t any good & that there building was no good??? 

Sorry but I will have another look for you???We can both knock them off the list if that is ok????

Please please let me know how you feel?????

Thanks
  • eleanorhippy
    Thanks for replying so quickly Steve. I can get to Carmarthen or Swansea easy as there are buses to each just round the corner. However I can't use my wheelchair up  hills or it ruins the battery. If a centre is quite near the bus station up an hill I can get to the bus stop with my walker and get a taxi. I hope you are working over night and can go to bed soon. Cheers, Eleanor.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @eleanorhippy
    Welcome to the community
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness