Hello, I only just found you — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello, I only just found you

Options
eleanorhippy
eleanorhippy Community member Posts: 17 Connected
Hello, I only just found you just before the end of December 2017. It is nice to know you are there.I don't know anything what you do. I need help but would like to help others as well. I live in Llanelli at the moment but am waiting for an Over 55 flat in Carmarthenshire or Swansea.

Comments

• eleanorhippy
    Options
    Hello, I only just found you before the end of December. I don't know what you do yet. I need help but would like to help others as well. I live in Llanelli at the moment but am waiting for an Over 55 flat in Carmarthenshire or Swansea at the moment.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @eleanorhippy

It’s great to meet you this evening.

You will find the online community very very active.

Please please have a good look around.

Please please let me know if I can help you further???
  • eleanorhippy
    Options
    Thanks so much Steve. I have been very ill for a week. Sorry but the world has shrunk to my home and tv and my visit to the doctor and shop like mirages. I will look around your site when I am better but is there anywhere I can go for help or company in Llanelli? Thank you so much for replying.
  • eleanorhippy
    Options
    I am not sure where I put my post Steve so here it is again, it won't let me send it. I have been very ill for a week. Sorry, but the world has shrunk to my home and tv. My visit to the doctor and shop seem like mirages. I will look around your site when I am better but is there anywhere in Llanelli I can go for help or company. Thank you for replying.
  • steve51
    Options
    Hi @eleanorhippy

Many thanks !!!!!!

Yes I got your post fine !!!!

Here’s some info for you:

http://www.llanelli-mind.org.uk/

Please please let me offer my “services” for “help & support” ??????

• eleanorhippy
    Options
    Sorry, they are only interested in mental disabilities. I use a wheelchair and cannot afford a taxi there and back, bring it in or leave it outside (it would block the path and could get  Stolen ) Inside there are stairs to the social part, which I cannot do. I asked for help with my PIP form and they rudely turned me down flat as I could not go up to their office. They told me clearly that it was only for mentally disabled people. I have been told by others who have this problem. 
  • eleanorhippy
    Options
    Sorry this is grumpy and I do realise you are trying to help. I am 63 and the only other place people have told me about is Age Concern. This is utterly impossible without a car. There is a big place just round the corner from me which offers everything I would need but it cuts off at 60.
  • steve51
    Options
    Hi @eleanorhippy

I’m so sorry that they aren’t any good & that there building was no good??? 

Sorry but I will have another look for you???We can both knock them off the list if that is ok????

Please please let me know how you feel?????

Thanks
  • eleanorhippy
    Options
    Thanks for replying so quickly Steve. I can get to Carmarthen or Swansea easy as there are buses to each just round the corner. However I can't use my wheelchair up  hills or it ruins the battery. If a centre is quite near the bus station up an hill I can get to the bus stop with my walker and get a taxi. I hope you are working over night and can go to bed soon. Cheers, Eleanor.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @eleanorhippy
    Welcome to the community
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.