PIP? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP?

valerienesbitt
valerienesbitt Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I just filled in my pip from but I was told its all tp do with your doctor and the person who fills in your from

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @valerienesbitt

Good Evening & Welcome!!!

It’s great to meet this evening!!!!!

If you don’t mind can you please let me know a bit more about your “pip”

I can then look into things for you????
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi valerienesbitt and welcome

Who ever told you that is an idiot. There is far to much scarmongering going on.

PIP is about you and how your functionallity is affected. Your GP and medical condition are important but only to support what you say your difficulties are.

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    The CAB guide to filling in PIP forms explains a lot.  It's important that you share exactly how you impairment affects you so they can understand.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • sleepy1
    sleepy1 Community member Posts: 297 Pioneering
    Hi Sam
    I looked at that before filling in the forms and ticked no change on more or less all the boxes even tho things were worse.  It seems that form they send is a red herring anyway (whatever that is ?)

I spoke to a decision maker yesterday about my MR and was told they had made and wont change their decision purely on the information they had received from the Atos medical assessment.

LOL, I was unable to go to this so called medical assessment and guess what no points awarded.,,,, It's a miracle I am cured ; ))

When I asked how can Atos do a medical assessment without me even turning up (logical question in my view)  once they stopped laughing was basically told because they can and are allowed to.

Me thinks its all just a game to most of them and as long as they can collect a nice bonus in their pay packet why would they give a toss about any of us?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.