Lies at PIP assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lies at PIP assessment

alison450
alison450 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited January 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi Totally new to this forum thing so please bare with me.
i went for my PIP assessment last october and got the results as 6 points... me and my boyfriend were fuming.
The Girl known as [name redacted].(.sorry if i cant mention names but we are so livid she needs to be exposed) told lies when typing away on her computer... from i can talk very well....I HAVE A SEVERE SPEECH PROBLEM..im on average amounts of tablets a day.....LIES....i needed the loo as i have IBS she said please don't be long i only have 45 MIN..i started crying as my anxiety was through the roof and there was no tissues so my boyfriend got told to get some of the blue roll, we asked on the assessments form for a comfy seat as i have osteoarthritis in neck and back....according to ATOS this was never asked for, My boyfriend who i couldn't live without wrote a letter explaining all the lies she has said and done and we also asked for some papers to be sent back to him bearing in mine this was the dated from the 18th december and we have a month to get this complaint in we still don't have the paperwork but my boyfriend has written what he can stating these facts i sometimes wonder why ME  but then its happening to everyone.

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    HI @alison450

Welcome to the community, I am sorry you are habing such a tough time, unfortunately we have had to remove your assessors name.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @alison450

Unfortunately, many assessors tell lies - you are not alone.  Are you appealing the DWP's decision?
  • Sam_Alumni
    We have some great videos about appealing their decision

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sOsiEFo-Ck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67tDSlsityY
    Scope
  • alison450
    alison450 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    edited January 2018
    yes we are appealing and also making a complaint to the assessor which is in motion now.and what  they don't tell you is that there's more than one complaints procedure to go down, my boyfriend got a call today from the person he left a message to and she said although  it isn't in any of the correspondence any of us get there is more that 1 level of making a complaint my boyfriend thoughts there was only one stage but in fact theres 2 or 3 stages 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Let us know how you get on @alison450

Scope
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    @alison450 The levels are not different ways of making a complaint, they're the different stages your complaint go through if you don't accept their first explanation or refusal of your original complaint. To explain this further my first letter of complaint was replied to by ATOS saying that what happens in the assessment cannot be proved, they also tried to pass the buck to DWP. That was level 1. I wrote again saying I did not accept their refusal to investigate and focused my complaint on what was written in the report. The reply to this letter was an acceptance of the complaint and that it was now at level 2 with someone more senior or higher up investigating it. After 5 months I received their final report which again denied there was anything wrong with my assessment or assessment report. My complaint (still the same one) is now with ICE who are the Independent Complaints Examiner. This I presume is level 3.      

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.